steel target ideas

beakus33

i am in the process of getting together a few steel plates to hang for some distance shooting but im having a hard time coming up with an idea for a frame to hang them from.they will have to be some what portable as i probibly wont be able to leave them out long term. my first thought was kind of a sawhorse style but it seems kind of bulky, then i thouht about 2 t-posts but frankly thats a lot of sledge hammer work on my old bones. any ideas or pics would be great.

Personally, I am making my own self righting targets with a silhouette top and a gong type bottom hung from saw horse t's.

If you want dirt simple, a chain will do it. Wrap the chain around a old tire and it will roll to setup point. lightbulb

Larry
Tinkerer

^^^ That is exactly what I was going to recommend. Easiest way to pack that I can think of.

JC steel also offers a T-Post bracket.

JC Steel Targets

Jake is a youth pastor & stand up guy. Their brackets slip over the ordinary steel fence post ... very easy to use.

t

^^^ That is exactly what I was going to recommend. Easiest way to pack that I can think of.

JC steel also offers a T-Post bracket.

JC Steel Targets

Jake is a youth pastor & stand up guy. Their brackets slip over the ordinary steel fence post ... very easy to use.

t

I was just going to post a link to JC Steel. Jake is a first class shooter and guy and the money goes to a great cause; Jubilee Youth Ranch. Plus those T-post brackets are SWEET. Go pound a couple T-posts at various distances and call 'er good. All you gotta do is haul your plates out every time you want to shoot instead of having to setup stands every time. Good luck!

Mike

Mike,

I just ordered 3- 12" AR500 plates from Jake. I bought a rifle from him earlier this year too. You won't find better people, or a better cause.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.