Steel Prices - Target Shooting

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Can't believe how much Steel has gone up in price. Over a year ago I bought a 4'X8'X3/8" plate of steel for making targets for around $300. I just called the same supplier and it is close to $ 700 for the same sheet. I got a deal on some discarder warped 1/4" 4x8 galvanized Diamond plate to make a ramp (turn on flat side) into my basement to move a lathe between the doorway and that was $250. That same sheet of new regular steel for 1/4" 8X4 is $540.
Looked at my retirement plan in stocks and lost $30K since Friday. I should have invested in Steel.

Can't believe how much Steel has gone up in price. Over a year ago I bought a 4'X8'X3/8" plate of steel for making targets for around $300. I just called the same supplier and it is close to $ 700 for the same sheet. I got a deal on some discarder warped 1/4" 4x8 galvanized Diamond plate to make a ramp (turn on flat side) into my basement to move a lathe between the doorway and that was $250. That same sheet of new regular steel for 1/4" 8X4 is $540.
Looked at my retirement plan in stocks and lost $30K since Friday. I should have invested in Steel.
Th plus side is that I have quite a bit of scrap steel to get rid of so that will help me on this side and btw c s tracker what do you need and how much of it cause I can have the boys cut some out of my heavy equipment I'm gonna scrap and I still want to take you up on your offer to pig hunt n could bring some along when I do….it won't be nice new steel or full sheets but depending on sizes you looking for I maybe could help you out

Th plus side is that I have quite a bit of scrap steel to get rid of so that will help me on this side and btw c s tracker what do you need and how much of it cause I can have the boys cut some out of my heavy equipment I'm gonna scrap and I still want to take you up on your offer to pig hunt n could bring some along when I do….it won't be nice new steel or full sheets but depending on sizes you looking for I maybe could help you out
Steel2 - Defiantly keep you in mind for a hog/Yote Hunt right after Varmint Hunter. Thank you so much in your kindness to offer us some steel. It is harder and harder to find people like yourself to offer help, BUT the members on this forum LRH are OUTSTANDING so you fit fit right in. Never seen a better bunch of hunters/shooters taking care of each other with any needs.
I am still muddelling around need to put up some two person stands. The Drs are going to try sticking some electrodes in my neck with a battery pack in my back to "electryfry the pain" in a few weeks. Hopefully get me to do more work around the house. Well at least Jill hopes that!. HA
I am not located in farm lands like in S GA where there are thousands of acres of soy & peanuts and along with thousands of HOGS. I live in the country where all the soy and cotton fields where turned into PINE many years ago. People don't realize that GA main Crop is PINE these days. Hogs have adapted to eat just about anything. They drive out the deer and eat all the acorns/anything. if you saw where hogs are active you know. They have EXCELENT smelling and rut out everything on the ground. Bugs, Grubs, Worms, looks like a 2' plow dug up the ground the way they dig with their nose.
There is nothing behind my house except WOODS and the neighbors and my self took out over 250 hogs a few years ago in one year.
If you want some real good eating hog meat, go to south GA where they have peanut fields. Nothing better than a pig raised off of peanuts. If you like Reese Cups!

Recent Posts