Steel barrel contour to match proof sendero inlet

D

Deleted member 103481

Hi all,

Anyone know/ have pictures of the closest contour to match a proof sendero inlet, or have an exact diagram for the proof sendero barrel?

How does a Rem Varmint look in that barrel channel?

My stock is set up for a carbon sendero and i'm looking to get a steel barrel but would like it to be an attractive fit. Proof wont contour a steel barrel to the same dimensions. Krieger will custom contour one but i need exact dimensions on everything, or mail in my current barrel and not only is that extra money id rather the rifle be useful.

Thanks for any help!

Hi all,

Anyone know/ have pictures of the closest contour to match a proof sendero inlet, or have an exact diagram for the proof sendero barrel?

My stock is set up for a carbon sendero and i'm looking to get a steel barrel but would like it to be an attractive fit. Proof wont contour a steel barrel to the same dimensions. Krieger will custom contour one but i need exact dimensions on everything, or mail in my current barrel and not only is that extra money id rather the rifle be useful.

Thanks for any help!
I think proof has a dimension chart for given barrels on their website but if not just call them and ask what they would be on that barrel.

Thanks, I had found a chart with a few less dimensions and krieger wanted more, ill send that over and see if it does the trick.

Here is a Proof Drawing of the Sendero contour......All are going to be a little off, but you could compare this drawing to the manufacture drawings of barrels you are looking at....I don't know I guess you could also use this to send your measurements to Kreiger if you decide to go that route! I see you just posted, but oh well.....
sendero-Proof.JPG

No problem the stock makers typically have Barrel Dimensions as well so they can Inlet properly. Not sure whose stock you are using but if it's a Manners they are very helpful if you call them.

Yeah, my rifle is already built an inletted for the proof sendero carbon, I just want to add a steel barrel and it still look properly fitted.

Here is a Proof Drawing of the Sendero contour......All are going to be a little off, but you could compare this drawing to the manufacture drawings of barrels you are looking at....I don't know I guess you could also use this to send your measurements to Kreiger if you decide to go that route! I see you just posted, but oh well.....
View attachment 122397

Thank you, I will send this one over and see if its adequate. might do some checking at a few other manufacturers to see if they have something really close.

Thanks all, Krieger and Bartlein have both confirmed that chart is enough for a custom contour to be cut.

Now for the big decisions!:)

Hi all,

Thanks for any help!
M24 from krieger my proof drops right in my stock and my M24 barreled action also drops right in

Thanks that's Good to know! I went ahead and ordered a Krieger custom contoured to the proof sendero to be safe since I know I can remove my current barrel with the action still on the stock to switch them out.

It will probably come in a touch lighter than the full m24 but likely not too much, just has a curved taper instead of straight.

Thanks that's Good to know! I went ahead and ordered a Krieger custom contoured to the proof sendero to be safe since I know I can remove my current barrel with the action still on the stock to switch them out.

It will probably come in a touch lighter than the full m24 but likely not too much, just has a curved taper instead of straight.
well my old barrel was over 6lbs the proof is 3 1/2

I'm buying a steel barrel shaped like a proof carbon my proof carbon is 46 oz chambered.

I don't really care what this one weighs though, it's not for hiking so I guess the heavier the better!

If I'm reading this right you are wanting a steel barrel to fit into a stock inletted for a Proof Sendero? I would go M24 as a minimum or Preferably an MTU. Your smith can open the stock slightly creating a perfect fit and a proof Sendero would look really good in it. This is what I'm currently doing with a Foundation stock which has an MTU inlet with a 5" shank vs the standard 2" shank

If I'm reading this right you are wanting a steel barrel to fit into a stock inletted for a Proof Sendero? I would go M24 as a minimum or Preferably an MTU. .....

I wouldn't, I would do what he has done. I would order a barrel that will fit. The only change I would make is on the chamber end of the barrel. I would have Krieger leave the diameter 1.250" instead of the 1.200" shown on the diagram.