" Std Magnum" bolt face? .532?

Despotes

What "Magnum" bolt face is .532"? I didn't kow there was a "Standard Magnum and a regular "Magnum" bolt face. 30-06 is a "Standard Magnum"?

From a website:
"Our bolts are sold as complete units only. Currently, they are offered in two configurations for RIGHT-HANDED shooters only: .473" and .532" (for Std Magnum).
These two diameters cover cartridges like the 22-250R, .243W, all Creedmoors, 308W, 30-06, etc...
Magnum bolt face is for 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag, 300 PRC, etc..."

Pretty much all standard mags are .532. So your Win Mag, Rem Mag, RUM, WSM, SAUM, SS, SST, PRC, etc. You also have your Lapua Mag bolt face .585 for Lapua, Norma, Cheytac, etc.

Hope that helps, assuming that's what your asking?

Ryan

Isn't a standard Mag .540 as mentioned by JE Custom in his thread?
Bottom line. I've been reading that a 28 Nosler is compatible with a 7mm Mag/300 Win Mag bolt. But, the actual case head measures .532 on the 7mm and 300WM and .534 on the 28 Nosler.
The bolt I'm thinking of buying says .532. Wouldn't this bolt face be too small?

Just measured the bolt face on both my Defiance Mag actions - .545". My PTG Model 7 bolt measured .543". Measured the base of my 300WSM case it's .532". Those would be your normal or standard Mag so a .534 of the Nosler will still work with plenty of room.

Isn't a standard Mag .540 as mentioned by JE Custom in his thread?
Bottom line. I've been reading that a 28 Nosler is compatible with a 7mm Mag/300 Win Mag bolt. But, the actual case head measures .532 on the 7mm and 300WM and .534 on the 28 Nosler.
The bolt I'm thinking of buying says .532. Wouldn't this bolt face be too small?
What bolt are you referring to? Typical "magnum" boltface is =/- .540.
As noted above the Cheytacs are in a different league larger than the Lapua and need a .640 (and a whole different class of bolt/action)

What "Magnum" bolt face is .532"? I didn't kow there was a "Standard Magnum and a regular "Magnum" bolt face. 30-06 is a "Standard Magnum"?

From a website:
"Our bolts are sold as complete units only. Currently, they are offered in two configurations for RIGHT-HANDED shooters only: .473" and .532" (for Std Magnum).
These two diameters cover cartridges like the 22-250R, .243W, all Creedmoors, 308W, 30-06, etc...
Magnum bolt face is for 7mm Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag, 300 PRC, etc..."

I'm pretty sure that's a misprint and it's supposed to say "std/magnum" as in two different sizes.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.