Starting to take shape!

Lahunter76

Started this process nearly 2 yrs ago and I am finally starting to get it all set up! One day I may get a dedicated room but until then here's my dedicated closet space! I am not 100% done, I have a few more things to do such as some bins and a couple hooks.

I currently have the foster original case trimmer and wondered if y'all had other suggestions for a trimmer, it may be best way and the way the others are but I do not like having to unscrew the back end to swap out cases,
E3FBF8C1-13E8-4D88-9A32-583190916706.jpeg
75B04CA6-3478-41A3-8F9A-789B88A4A954.jpeg

That's awesome!! My very first reloading location was a little closet to mount the press. That was in 1975. I was only loading for one rifle cartridge and really didn't have much of an idea on how to load accurate ammo. But it was a start.

My latest preferred case trimmer is the LEE model that you chuck the case in a drill case holder and then insert a depth limiting cutter. Works really slick.

30 Nosler (my rifle)
7mm Rem Mag (dads rifle)
270 (spare for guest/kids)
25-06 ( wife's rifle)

can't find the Lee one for the 30 Nosler

Looks like you would have to go this route for the 30 Nosler at this time.

Nice work!!...for a Coon@ss :) Seriously I love your setup. The school desk are good idea.
I am looking into building a reloading station in my "LSU Room" yes it purple and gold and grand LOL
Do you enjoy loading? What is our goal in loading? Just bouncing it around to see what it is like before I drop a grand. I have never reloaded a round in my life.

I love the step by step process of it, where I have control of it all. But it's a deep deep rabbit hole!!! My goal is to have the most accurate ammo I can produce! My goal is to be able to produce ammo that can be used in long range endeavors and in my journey of becoming a good long range marksman and ethically take game up to 1000yds. Now i am waiting on my rifle to be ready and then to start practicing

I currently have the foster original case trimmer and wondered if y'all had other suggestions for a trimmer, it may be best way and the way the others are but I do not like having to unscrew the back end to swap out cases,
Nice reloading space you have there. I had the Forster trimmer for a while, but quickly got tired of it for the same reason you mentioned. I use one of these now and really like it...

I use the Hornady cam-lock trimmer, no threading/unthreading once you get it set for that batch. Pilots are a bit pricy at $12ish, but three of your calibers are the most common and included in the kit so you'd only need a 25 cal pilot. I believe (but am not 100% sure) my Lee caseholder kit works in it, meaning Hornady, RCBS, and Lee holders, and maybe other t-holders would all work.

But if I was upgrading, I would go all the way the LE Wilson setup that uses a case holder to hold the body while trimming. Compared to that I'm not sure any of the unsupported trimmers are any better runout wise than any other, which is why I'm still using the Hornady and haven't changed anything.

If you want caliber specific LCGW makes nice dedicated models. There's some overlap in calibers, but I don't think for yours. I use one for 300 Blk, but trim my big cases so infrequently the cost of the dedicated trimmer isn't worth it, and again, if I were spending money I'd get the Wilson.

Good start. My first setup was a press bolted to a board that I would clamp to the kitchen table. 20 some years later I finally have a dedicated space.
I use the Lyman universal case trimmer for smaller batch work and the previously mentioned Lee for the .223 volume work.

Welp....looks like the LE Wilson will be my next purchase!!! But will keep using my Foster Original till then! Thankfully I am not loading a lot lol or I wouldn't enjoy that too much

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.