STARTING THE LITTLE ONES OUT

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Here is a picture of my son (age 5). We went shooting today for some practice and father/son time. I had gotton a collaspable stock AR-15 in 22 rimfire setup for the kids. It has adjustable length of pull to fit the whole family, shoots very well and is pretty quite. The 3 shot group you see on the self resetting steel plate he shot from 100 yards over a backpack. We also spent some time learning the duplex hold over and he was able to connect on the plate at 165 yards also. We had a ball today and rest assured when he is old enough to hunt it should be scary.
TYLER100YD.JPG

Very nice..........
thumb.gif
That young man sure looks happy.........
thumb.gif
My congradulations...
thumb.gif

When did GA precision start making hoodies? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I wish they made them in adult sizes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Great shootin' too!

Sweet!!

Just bought a Rossi break open for my grandson, age 8. After years of practice with the b-b gun he's doing quite well.

A safety feature is that he doesn't have enough 'thumb' to cock it. Thus grandpa is always handy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Awesome!!!!!!!!! That's already scary!!! Look at the group and look at the little man's face... size wise. Makes me think of that movie where the father told his two boys "Aim small miss small".
That's sacary! Great shooting! Congratulate the little fellow. He's good!!! Watch out dad! You better keep practicing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you're looking to expand the family, I'm adoptable. All I got when I was 5 was a Daisy lever gun. I'ld be willing to try it for awile. I can smile really too!

Southpaw

I never had really cool toys like that when I was 5 either but my dad always took time to take me shooting and hunting. He made me a siloutte groundhog when I was 8 that tipped over when you hit it above the half way point. This was an absolute kick for me to shoot steel and tip it over. I did not realize the wisdom of this toy until I had kids of my own. Fire 1 shot from a single shot bolt action .22 knock over the siloutte, walk down range setup said target and repeat for hours. I was able to do this where my dad worked while he worked and kept an eye on me. This occupied hours, days and weeks of my time. I first learned about hold over and long range shooting here. Dad took me varmint hunting after I had a good handle on the steel. We spent hours and hours shooting and spending time together. I never had an X-box as kid and I am glad.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're looking to expand the family, I'm adoptable...

[/ QUOTE ]

Southpaw, I like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.