Starting from scratch - First Lite or Kuiu?

Starting From Scratch - KUIU or First Lite

• KUIU

Votes: 78 50.3%
  • FIRST LITE

Votes: 30 19.4%
  • MIX OF BOTH

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • OTHER BRAND (LISTED IN COMMENTS)

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
It depends, I'm 6-5" and kuiu doesn't make tall sizes (blows my mind). All their jackets and pants are high waters on me.

First Lite makes tall sizes.

I run both but prefer First lite if I need to layer as the Kuiu is tighter in the chest and the sleeves and legs are short.

If you are more normally portioned then it probably doesn't matter as much.

I used to be a big Kuiu fan, but in the last few years I've switched to Sitka. That said, the Kuiu Yukon jacket is flat out the best rain jacket I've ever used.

It depends, I'm 6-5" and kuiu doesn't make tall sizes (blows my mind). All their jackets and pants are high waters on me.

First Lite makes tall sizes.

I run both but prefer First lite if I need to layer as the Kuiu is tighter in the chest and the sleeves and legs are short.

If you are more normally portioned then it probably doesn't matter as much.
Kuiu sells tall sizes. I have a pair of there guide pants in tall 37 inch in seam.

I have Kuiu everything, from base layer to outer wear, hats, gloves, face masks, etc. My mid layers are all Verde camo, as I usually use them for out layers early-mid season. As the weather turns cold, my heavy outer layers are all Valo. I don't love their Valo camo, but its what I use for the fall and winter. I find it to be a little bright. But I am very happy with the performance of Kuiu. I also saddle hunt during archery season and I found their Venture 2300 pack to be perfect for carrying all my saddle and climbing gear.

Find a friend or friends that have some of each and try them on. I can't wear Sitka or FL because they all run tight in theshoulders/legs/butt. I wear Kuiu because it's more athletic-fit. Wear what fits you best is my .02.

If you buy and support first lite you pay the liberal left and anti gun owner first. Rinella sold us out hiding behind self serving rhetoric. Never again until chernin and his minions are 100 percent gone. I don't sell out for a false feeling of benefit.

If you buy and support first lite you pay the liberal left and anti gun owner first. Rinella sold us out hiding behind self serving rhetoric. Never again until chernin and his minions are 100 percent gone. I don't sell out for a false feeling of benefit.

I still have a hard time believing this. Send me reliable news articles or state your sources. I'm not buying this.

I still have a hard time believing this. Send me reliable news articles or state your sources. I'm not buying this.
I will send you what I have. You can determine if reliable to you or mot. Search more than a "news" story on Peter Churnin. He is 100 million so far into owning rinella.

I will send you what I have. You can determine if reliable to you or mot. Search more than a "news" story on Peter Churnin. He is 100 million so far into owning rinella.
Peter Chernin is a democratic, anti trophy hunting, antigun, anti American, and in typical democrat fashion, hypocritically makes money off the meateater brand.

However, I don't know too many Hollywood types that would pick up a hunting show and put it on Netflix that are sympathetic to conservatives. Kind of like if you had to throw everything made in China that you own in a dumpster…you wouldn't have much. Just the reality of the world. One of those realities is that democrats types own the entertainment business. Meateater is entertainment.

Peter Chernin is a democratic, anti trophy hunting, antigun, anti American, and in typical democrat fashion, hypocritically makes money off the meateater brand.

However, I don't know too many Hollywood types that would pick up a hunting show and put it on Netflix that are sympathetic to conservatives. Kind of like if you had to throw everything made in China that you own in a dumpster…you wouldn't have much. Just the reality of the world. One of those realities is that democrats types own the entertainment business. Meateater is entertainment.
Is that why he donated 500K to Biden that is above the table. Also contributed to several democrat politicians. I believe he has no conscience if it makes him money. I think Steve is selling his as Chernin owns him with 100 million so far. If I had to throw everything made in China I could not own pretty much any product including many that I absolutely am dedicated to. I have a line I wont cross with my finances, and when I am being used the line is much closer than other lines. If anyone wants to give, donate, or work for liberals and those who will take away their rights, privilege's, and heritage they can.

Is that why he donated 500K to Biden that is above the table. Also contributed to several democrat politicians. I believe he has no conscience if it makes him money. I think Steve is selling his as Chernin owns him with 100 million so far. If I had to throw everything made in China I could not own pretty much any product including many that I absolutely am dedicated to. I have a line I wont cross with my finances, and when I am being used the line is much closer than other lines. If anyone wants to give, donate, or work for liberals and those who will take away their rights, privilege's, and heritage they can.
Chernin group has a controlling share of meateater. That has nothing to do with Rinella himself. I don't know anything about what business the two share, and personally I don't care…but to own someone…seems a bit of a misstatement. As far as what's publicly available, Rinella still maintains full control over meateater regardless of the shares, and as I said earlier, there's no cowboy hat wearing conservative that's a going to flip the bill the dems do in the entertainment business. That's their world.

Quite frankly when it comes to gun specific stuff, professional hunters are not the biggest advocates of gun rights in general. Doesn't matter if it's Steve rinella, randy newberg, remi Warren or whoever. None of them pick up that battle. Half those names stick with fighting the battles that exist in animal conservation. I don't think they have ability to be picky about who their investors are of their brand, and surely would be eaten alive by the circling sharks if they spread themselves thin advocating 2A rights, which have nothing to do with hunting anyways. Just another point to keep in mind.

I like Kuiu pants and tops, and actually run their lightweight merino top in AZ Sept hunts (think 100*+), the wicking is awesome and cools with the slightest breeze.
Any synthetic cooks in the AZ sun,so I agree w/mr Kenyon that if they made long sleeve cotton pocket T's I'd buy a few in Vias.
Packs-I'm no 20mile in guy, but Mystery Ranch carries heavy weight the best I've tried on me.