Standard accubond?

coop2564

Are the standard accubonds fussy on loading for accuracy? I've had issues with the LRAB. Looking for solid expanding load 6.5 PRC for Nilgia. The accubonds sound perfect? Guides said NO LR bullets, they cant take up close. Shots likely 400 in, more likely 200yds.

The standard Accubonds are NOT finicky bullets to get to shoot accurately. They have shot sub MOA in many rifles I have shot them in and sub half MOA in quite a few others. The majority of shooting I've done with them has been less than 900 yards. Stated BC's from Nosler seem very close.
I have tried the ABLR in 6.5 MM, 7 MM & .30 cal in some rifles that shoot other bullets extremely accurately and have never
found a load accurate enough in any rifle for me to feel comfortable to load and hunt with them.
A couple buddies have found great, consistent loads but I myself have not.
Try the standard ones

I THINK the ABLR's are fairly sensitive to seating depth…….the other thing I noticed was a lot of BTO variance in different lots of bullets

If you want minimal meat damage, then the Accubond does a great job.
I use a lot of Accubonds from 25 cal through to 37 cal. I cannot say I have ever had an issue with a single one.
I like them because they have a cal hole in and a slightly larger hole out. Have never seen the damage with them like what a Ballistic Tip up close can do.
They are also very accurate in every rifle I ever used them in.

Cheers.

If you want minimal meat damage, then the Accubond does a great job.
I use a lot of Accubonds from 25 cal through to 37 cal. I cannot say I have ever had an issue with a single one.
I like them because they have a cal hole in and a slightly larger hole out. Have never seen the damage with them like what a Ballistic Tip up close can do.
They are also very accurate in every rifle I ever used them in.

Cheers.
That's what I wanted to here. Ordered 200ct.

I shot a medium sized mule deer buck a number of years ago with a 110 Accubond from a 257 Wby at 3400 fps. Was way up above him and he was walking toward me.
Shot next to spine above shoulders about 250 yds. Buck was DRT. Probably only had to toss 3-4 bites of blackstrap. Had that been a Ballistic Tip I'd have likely had to toss a third of one back strap, part of other and part of shoulder….

Shot AB and ABLR on my last load develop . Loaded to the same coal and powders ABLR beat out AB by a tiny smidge in accuracy. I have shot game with both and they perform identical.