Standard 270 win

SamuelBerryhill308

Thanks everyone for your info.ive decided I'm now on the hunt for a 270 wsm or 270 win bolt action.i will continue to use my grandfather old rifle in memory of him but I would like to have a bolt action to tinker with also the only thing about the 270 win that was my grandfather I've noticed it's hard on brass and I've lost a few already but that's just due to it being a 7400 semi auto I did order a brass catcher for it so well see how that gos

dogz

Four 270 win myself plus the family has a bunch.

116gr absolute hammer reaches 3400fps in 22 inch barrel and 3500 in 24 inch barrel.

Here's my first few shots from my brand new kimber. Teal slash was clean bore. View attachment 278664

Good shooting, the 117's perk really well in my NULA/24"/#2. But 3300 is the end of the line for me speed wise.

Would love to see the pressure data on the [email protected] suspect you have but have you clocked this load on more than one day? Can you keep the primer pockets tight for 5+ loadings?

nwmnbowhunter

Good shooting, the 117's perk really well in my NULA/24"/#2. But 3300 is the end of the line for me speed wise.

Would love to see the pressure data on the [email protected] suspect you have but have you clocked this load on more than one day? Can you keep the primer pockets tight for 5+ loadings?
I've shot it from 30-70 degrees and been pretty consistent.

I haven't reloaded more than 2 firings yet.

Plan on learning more as fall comes along. Fishing season now!!!