Stainless Tumbling Media - great customer service and products

EXPRESS

I'd been eying off the stainless tumbling media for a long time now, the shipping costs from the US being one of the main factors holding me back on the already high cost of the gear.

We'll I finally decided to suck it up and get it. If stopped tumbling brass for years due to the poor results and tedium of the process.

First of all I want to commend the people at STM, especially Trevor.
The are stand up guys, and when I bought a deluxe kit from them for with the European 220V electricity conversion I quickly found out that the dryer unit was not suitable for 220V, and burned it out right off the bat. The tumbler worked just fine however. I wrote to them to explain not really expecting much and not asking for anything, but they refunded me for the dryer, which I found to be an unusually rare gesture these days.

So thank you and good on you!

As for my review of the gear and the process; it does what it says, and gives the results in the ads. I still find tumbling tedious and this method doesn't save me any time over conventional tumbling, but the results are so good that it becomes worthwhile. Plus by depriming the brass for cleaning I have been able to eliminate expanded balls in my dies which to me is another plus.

To anyone else who was on the fence about this setup, I con confidently say its worth the money and effort.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.