Stag 10 accuracy issues and thanks for the add to the forum

Update went and checked after your response it has the standard gas block not adjustable. Son said they were going to try an AGB on it to solve the problems it had tearing up brass and ejector imprints. Ordered the crimp die.

+1 on the crimp. It will lower your extreme spreads. On a factory Stag i wouldnt expect much better than MOA at the best. Accurate ARs cost a lot to build.

+1 on the crimp. It will lower your extreme spreads. On a factory Stag i wouldnt expect much better than MOA at the best. Accurate ARs cost a lot to build.

I got a crimp die in and just annealed about 100 cases doing the prep now. Probably load this weekend and try again next week. I will shoot these with the Magnetospeed on and see what happens. If it were mine I would be putting a new barrel on it. In defense there are not a lot of left hand AR10's out there to choose from.

I have a Stag 10 in 6.5cm. I have gone threw everything trying to get it to shoot. I have also sent it back to stag with no luck. I was a huge stag fan because they offered left hand ar's, however I will never buy one again.

I'm pretty sure when i sent it back to them that they never even fired the gun. they said i changed the butt stock so warranty was void.... well i bought it as their "bones" kit which has no butt stock or fore grip. sorta hard to shoot it with out these.....

Basically came down to I need to buy a different barrel as this one is crap. Mine is an issue with the chamber because when I rack a round in it, then try and eject it i can barely get the round out of the chamber it is stuck so tight.

Stags "warranty" and barrel guarantee's are a joke.

4 is more than enough in the ar...3 will work, sometimes 2 depends on the load and the gun.
std dies are not the way to make target ammo.
bushing full length size and a quality micro seater.
powder measure is another issue.
for the record I am the one guy that has had not luck with varget.

Cohunt
He sent it back to Stag and they put and AGB on it. I will look for the indicators you mentioned. Haven't tried Varget I have loaded RL16 and RL17 also neither made a difference. I will check the neck tension the earlier loads were with Hornady dies. I have since gotten a Forster sizing die and Forster Micrometer seater die. I have a mandrel die I run the creedmoor brass through for the bolt guns. Gives a neck tension of .002. That may not be enough the Forster sizing die runs about .004 neck tension. I have two ar15 platform rifles and there is a learning curve to shoot accurately with them. I will check the ejection pattern but as far as the ejector swipes I was thinking more of a chamber/headspace issue. I will have some data Monday after I run these loads through it. Thanks for your input.

NO CRIMP..IT AINT A PISTOL
I got a crimp die in and just annealed about 100 cases doing the prep now. Probably load this weekend and try again next week. I will shoot these with the Magnetospeed on and see what happens. If it were mine I would be putting a new barrel on it. In defense there are not a lot of left hand AR10's out there to choose from.

AR'S ARE NOTORIOUS FOR BEING TUFF ON EJECTING A LOADED ROUND.
there is no cam to rotate nor bolt lift.
try sizing the case smaller.
never had a bad stag bbl, but bad is built into 65creed,,,,ouch
I have a Stag 10 in 6.5cm. I have gone threw everything trying to get it to shoot. I have also sent it back to stag with no luck. I was a huge stag fan because they offered left hand ar's, however I will never buy one again.

I'm pretty sure when i sent it back to them that they never even fired the gun. they said i changed the butt stock so warranty was void.... well i bought it as their "bones" kit which has no butt stock or fore grip. sorta hard to shoot it with out these.....

Basically came down to I need to buy a different barrel as this one is crap. Mine is an issue with the chamber because when I rack a round in it, then try and eject it i can barely get the round out of the chamber it is stuck so tight.

Stags "warranty" and barrel guarantee's are a joke.

I have a Stag 10 in 6.5cm. I have gone threw everything trying to get it to shoot. I have also sent it back to stag with no luck. <SNIPPED STUFF> Mine is an issue with the chamber because when I rack a round in it, then try and eject it i can barely get the round out of the chamber it is stuck so tight.<SNIPPED STUFF>
This has to be so frustrating and I'm feeling your pain. I hate when you send something in for warranty work or repair and it (appears) nothing was done. That is just a waste of my time and money and the problem remains.

If it were me, before buying a new barrel, I would try three things:
1) Clean the barrel thoroughly, with the assumption you have a 'carbon ring' in the camber area. The only way to get rid of it is scrubbing, scrubbing, and more scrubbing with JB Bore Paste or IOSSO Bore Cleaning Compound.
2) Recut the crown. You can do it yourself with parts from Brownells or your friendly local gunsmith will do it for a reasonable charge. The benefit of your friendly local gunsmith (if he is like mine) is he'll scope the barrel before cutting the crown and can let you know if there is a 'bigger' problem before you spend your money on the crown work.
3) Buy a box of the David Tubb FinalFinish bullets for 6.5mm and shoot them through the gun to clean up the leade and barrel finish. (http://www.davidtubb.com/final-finish-bullet-kits/finalfinish-bulletkit-264)

Maybe you are just at the 'screw-it' point and want to start over with a new barrel anyway. I get it. Just offering some thoughts in case you want to try and salvage what you have. I wish you luck. Please come back and let us know what you decided to do and how it worked out.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.