Action: Blue printed Rem 721 LA
Barrel: Brux #5 28" 1-8"
Coating: KG
Trigger: Shilen @ 2lbs
Bolt: Rem, Fluted & 3 position safety by SSG
Stock: HS precision ADL sporter, skim bedded, camoby SPLASHGRAPHICSWTP.COM
Trigger guard: PTG
Rings & Bases: Seekins 30mm, 20moa base
Scope: Leupold VX3 LR 4.5-14x50 M1 turrets.
FFP Gen 2 reticle by Premeire.

Last edited:
I was shooting this rifle last winter but have since changed it to what you see in the pics. I came to me with the standard 721 action,trigger & safety, blued action with the barrel stainless and a beautiful piece of wood that Nate had inletted and pillar bedded. I spent a ton of time finishing the stock and just couldn't take it out because I'm hard on stuff. So I found a used HS on ebay had Nate finish the rest.
When I get the checkering done on the wood I'll post a pic.
I haven't done much load developement as of yet. The load I found last fall shoots .410 for three.
The load is
Lapua brass
140 grain A-Max
50.5 grains RL-17
CCI BR primer
Velocity: 3125 @ 50 degrees.
Scope was 3.5x10x40 leupold tactical

This load is pretty hot and was fine for coyote hunting during the winter but I need to find a lower pressure one for antelope and deer in case the temps are higher.
The first shot I took with this rifle on a critter was on a coyote at 742 and drilled it.
The next was on a fox at 695, missed the first round but got him on the second.
The third round took out a coyote at 660. All were in the same day. So I am really happy with the rifle. I took a few others from 400-600 before I started working on it again.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.