SRS full length Arca for hunting rifles

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I did a redesign on one of our arca rails to make it as thin and light as possible, and stretched the length to match the average fore end of most hunting stocks.

We now have the only full length Arca rail on the market that will match up well with a hunting stock.

Key features

-11" OAL
-3.4 oz
-Mounting surface is cut for flat or rounded bottom stocks.
-Cut out for front action screw.

Available on our website now!

C120A6B2-CD35-4630-A60F-AD93E167D06F.jpeg
6FD224C6-9DB4-484A-A0C2-A40D472D7D75.jpeg

Interesting product. Are these intended for use with a bipod/tripod so you can find just the right balance point?

Do you make the part that would also attach say to a tripod and lock into the track?

Interesting product. Are these intended for use with a bipod/tripod so you can find just the right balance point?

Do you make the part that would also attach say to a tripod and lock into the track?

It gives you the ability to run a bipod or tripod anywhere on the fore end.

We don't make any type of heads or clamps for heads.

But any tripod head that is arca Swiss will work with these!

I'm looking at your arca + pic rail. Can the weight of the gun be supported by the arca that far out on the forearm?

Of course it's a subjective question, but let's say on avg weight gun.. 6-8lbs?

I'm looking at your arca + pic rail. Can the weight of the gun be supported by the arca that far out on the forearm?

Like you said, it's subjective. I've done it. On lighter rifles ya it's fine. But it definitely puts a lot of tension on your stock.

We run Arca+Pic on 8-10 pound equipped rifles ALOT, mostly with mcmillan and mesa altitudes, they support them well off the tripods.

I have 2 of these(10") that I will be mounting on Bell and Carlson stocks. I will be mounting mine w/ 4 screws instead of 3. They are supplied w/ three and I will use my sling mount threaded hole w/ screws purchased from my hardware store. Should be sufficient if you have a decent stock. Front screws 3" apart, rear most screw, then 1 more halfway between rear most and rear front screw. Phone call to J A Outdoors or SRS would probably get you 5 screws(2 xtras) for a very small upcharge if you want more support.

Like you said, it's subjective. I've done it. On lighter rifles ya it's fine. But it definitely puts a lot of tension on your stock.
Looking at the arca + pic short rail I was hoping the picitinny slot would be up to about 3-3.2" which would cover standard stud spacing then the arca could be anchored with 3rd bolt or potentially be left to free float (but pressed against the stock) as it would provide a better balance point and reduce leverage. Basically split the difference between the shorty and the 10". This would also give more versatility without stock modifications for the guys who are a little less arca oriented. Only caveat I see is sling placement, but for those with side flush cups it's a non issue.