Squirrels in my F150!

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

I ended up doing some small game hunting in the engine compartment of my F150 yesterday! I ended up using a shop vac as my weapon of choice. It was needed to vac out two little ones from the nest, as well as the few pounds of grass and what not from under the manifold. They did squeal a bit after the vac wand got a hold. 🤓
I set them aside in there own little nest and noted after a while, that they scooted off or other... cheers all

Alot of wiring looms are made from a ( SOY based product ) adding to the chewing varmints diet..(DIE IT).Farm I hunt on all their soybeans go to making plastic products...🐿️🐿️
Yup, soy based insulation has come back to bite many a manufacturer..lol see the pun.... sorry..... Back on point.
There have been a few class action lawsuits about the switch from petroleum based to soy and the apparent improvement in taste to critters.
P.S. if they were flying squirrels I guess that's the Raptor f150 new hybrid?

My 2005 Nissan Frontier wouldn't start one day. Looked under the hood ad the wireing harness was chewed up by squirrels , cost almost $2k in damage. They also got my tractor FEL Backhoe. Put a war on the next few years. I would not shoot under 50 yards and kept a score board for hits and misses. I would change out rifles every 50 squirrels . My TC Center .22 and 17hmr Volquaretsn. ended up with Squirrels (7) , Me (250).

LOL.....Similar problem with Chipmunks here, and a squirrel years ago. The squirrel chewed up my serpentine belt to the point it broke while I was driving. After paying for the tow, I now keep a spare belt in the truck. The past two years, we've had an ongoing battle with Chipmunks getting into the cab of the F150 and chewing things to make nests in everything from the glove box, under the seats to the door pocket. Usually, it is some type of paper items left in the truck or a rag.