Squirrels in my F150!

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
They sell devices over here to mount under the hood that make a high pitched noise that should scare marters. I don't know if that works for rats, squirrels or other critters. And your dog might not like it.

My 2005 Nissan Frontier wouldn't start one day. Looked under the hood ad the wiring harness was chewed up by squirrels , cost almost $2k in damage. They also got my tractor FEL Backhoe. Put a war on the next few years. I would not shoot under 50 yards and kept a score board for hits and misses. I would change out rifles every 50 squirrels . My TC Center .22 and 17hmr Volquaretsn. ended up with Squirrels (7) , Me (250).
Here is just one of the "Monkey Squirrels" we have. we also have the "Fox" which can be as big as the Monkey, but body color gray, head black, feet white and some red/brown mixed in. Then we also have the common greys which are much smaller. This Monkey (Bore) was 36" from head to tail. I had several in the freezer to mount and the power cord got knocked off by mistake and Jill threw everything out of the melted freezer including my prized Monkey & Fox (Sow) for mounts. I was going to have a Tree mount with a Bobcat I got going up the tree and these two squirrels coming down the tree to do battle.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.JPG
    IMG_0326.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
I had my camper on truck after pulling out of storage. Loading it in driveway and caught movement on top bunk. DANG! Had to be 15-20 field mice running all over the place! That was hoot trying to chase them out door! Finally hauled mattress out into driveway and they poured out of it.! Must have been apartment complex for them. Mattress never went back into truck!
Could be worse. When I went to the Nam, I had a large camper on my truck (a Jeep Gladiator). My father had recently remarried and my stepsister was allowed to live in it. She brought along her boyfriend and for a year they lived rent free. I also think they never bathed or used any personal hygiene products. This was in Phoenix and when I kicked them out I just dumped it in the desert, it was so bad. Also found all sorts of needles strewn about. Never forgave them or my stepmother for that.

Me, I'll take squirrels any day!

Here is just one of the "Monkey Squirrels" we have. we also have the "Fox" which can be as big as the Monkey, but body color gray, head black, feet white and some red/brown mixed in. Then we also have the common greys which are much smaller. This Monkey (Bore) was 36" from head to tail. I had several in the freezer to mount and the power cord got knocked off by mistake and Jill threw everything out of the melted freezer including my prized Monkey & Fox (Sow) for mounts. I was going to have a Tree mount with a Bobcat I got going up the tree and these two squirrels coming down the tree to do battle.
Wow ! Crazy looking squirrel's !

Could be worse. When I went to the Nam, I had a large camper on my truck (a Jeep Gladiator). My father had recently remarried and my stepsister was allowed to live in it. She brought along her boyfriend and for a year they lived rent free. I also think they never bathed or used any personal hygiene products. This was in Phoenix and when I kicked them out I just dumped it in the desert, it was so bad. Also found all sorts of needles strewn about. Never forgave them or my stepmother for that.

Me, I'll take squirrels any day!
Sorry to hear that and thank you for your service. SEMPER FI! Could be worse if you didn't come home from Nam like some of our friends. That's a sad story, just goes to show you that sometimes humans are a hell of a lot worse than animals. At least the squirrels were trying to make a nice home for them and their offspring in a truck/tractor and no idea it was harming anything. Those idiots taking over your camper are a sad lot and I would have much rather disp****hed (had them leave due to the speech rules on this forum) them than the squirrels.
Thanks for sharing this story. Just goes to show you how sometimes animals are better than humans or how humans can't even be compared to animals that are just trying to survive. Makes me feel upset that I was shooting the wrong animals all along.
Again thanks for your service!
Len USMC 73-77 Eagle Pull & Frequent Wind

For chipmunk 'problems' try this: Tear off chunks of a steel wool pad and rub peanut butter all over over it and roll it into a nickel-sized ball and then drop it down into their holes in the ground. That steel wool just rips their guts all to pieces.....(not that I've done this myself or anything 🤥).
Dads grandpa used to do this . For rats he'd roll carbide up in little balls of hamburger meat it'd burn them right up

Which is why dang woodchuck ate my neighbors truck so bad it had to be flatbedded to dealer. It was in his paved driveway!! Talk about a war on chucks! He went crazy with xbow, air rifle, his Matthews and whatever else he could find. Talk about madder than wet cat!!
How much truck did the woodchuck chuck?

When I worked as a wildlife officer in the Eastern mountains of West Virginia, Some critter in summer, I think Ferry Diddle (Pine Squirrel), or ground squirrels loved the to chew the spark plug wire off of a certain model of Honda 4 wheeler. I would get calls from Gin Sang diggers, Berry pickers, Mushroom pickers and Timber cruisers. They would park a Honda 4 wheeler and go out in woods miles from civilization, When they got back their 4 wheeler would not start. The whole spark plug wire was gone few cuttings of wire coating and rodent teeth marks on end of wire. They had to walk miles to get to a phone at that time.
Also had a coal strip mine to shut down. They parked all the equipment in lines, Some rodent chewed holes in the lower radiator hoses and drained Anti-Freeze. They had so much Anti-Freeze on the ground They had to do a Haz-Mat cleanup which cost them a bunch of money.