Squirrel scope for .22LR

Hard to pick a scope without knowing what kind of gun it will sit on, but right now Nikon scopes are on closeout everyplace because they are quitting the business.
Get a low power (for fast swinging at squirrels in .22LR), and get a smaller objective. You'll want as little parallax as possible since your shots will be close in.
Most likely you'll set it up for 40 to 50 yards at sight-in, so a large objective will have you cocking the scope too far downward to keep it accurate for the rare 80-90 yard shot.
So, 2 x 7, or a straight four power, Nikon, should run $75.00 to $125.00 right now.

Leupold 3-9x33 EFR, best I've had by far!

Attachments

• 3C4DE8CC-A129-4D6A-81FE-3B401D9A7214.jpeg
    3C4DE8CC-A129-4D6A-81FE-3B401D9A7214.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 366
Hard to pick a scope without knowing what kind of gun it will sit on, but right now Nikon scopes are on closeout everyplace because they are quitting the business.
Get a low power (for fast swinging at squirrels in .22LR), and get a smaller objective. You'll want as little parallax as possible since your shots will be close in.
Most likely you'll set it up for 40 to 50 yards at sight-in, so a large objective will have you cocking the scope too far downward to keep it accurate for the rare 80-90 yard shot.
So, 2 x 7, or a straight four power, Nikon, should run $75.00 to $125.00 right now.

3X9 with adjustable objective that focuses down to 10,15 yards,sight in at 20 yards,run the round you're using through Hornady ballistic calculator ,you'll see that a 20 yard sight in will put you on the money out to 100 yards.Next to yotes squirrels are number two on my hunt list,results shown below.
eat1.jpg

I had an old Leupold VXII 3-9X40 on my 22 and it worked great. It was a 1978. It stopped holding zero though so I sent it in to Leupold. It turned out that the tube was broken, I couldn't see anything visibly wrong with it. Now they are sending me a VXIII 4.5-14 CDS SF to replace it. That's some great customer service. The new one will go on one of my other rifles.