Squirrel Attack

a couple more pic's of the turkeys, as I know some guys are big turkey hunters, cannot find the pic's of them sitting on deck next to me, but they would come right to you, and ignore you or beg for a treat!

Attachments

• buster 280.JPG
    buster 280.JPG
    978.1 KB · Views: 62
  • buster 285.JPG
    buster 285.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • buster 288.JPG
    buster 288.JPG
    997.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_0410.JPG
    100_0410.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
The turkeys around here wouldn't stand a chance if my 4 GSP's were let loose when they wander around the woods. My backyard cam-
acvXsC1.jpg

So one of the FUNNIEST things I ever saw. My neighbors to the west of me have a frekin' aviary consisting of Eurasian geese, domestic turkeys, chickens, ducks and lord knows what else- like 30+ stinkin' birds. Our relationship is, uh, tenuous to say the least. They know I have bird dogs, and they free range their birds. I've warned them I cannot be responsible if their birds wander over to my property and get creamed by my dogs. So yeah- not a terribly friendly relationship, lol.

Anyway- a couple of springs ago their turkeys were getting in the mood, and their big fat domestic Tom was in full puffery and making a racket. Well the wild turkeys roamed thru and the wild Tom's went bananas and bee-lined over to that fat butterball and literally beat the snail snot of Mr. Butterball. Oh God was it a racket! The wifey over there was screaming bloody hell and trying to chase a flock of wild turkeys off.. Oh man I peed myself listening to the fracas.

Len,
So here is the "grilled Chuck"! You can see the lucky shot between the eyes. After it released all sorts of body fluids, it was a costly shot. My wife would not eat anything off grill even though I replaced grills, flavor rails and power washed it! So sold it and bought new grill that had better "chuck" protection underneath.!
100_1626.JPG

Len,
So here is the "grilled Chuck"! You can see the lucky shot between the eyes. After it released all sorts of body fluids, it was a costly shot. My wife would not eat anything off grill even though I replaced grills, flavor rails and power washed it! So sold it and bought new grill that had better "chuck" protection underneath.!
View attachment 398390
If that was at our house we would have fired up the grill just as the chuck laid 🤣