Squirrel Attack

I remember when I lived in PA my dogs would get quilled at least once a year. Reall sucked pulling the quills out with pliers.
My parents hate guns and don't hunt at all they were over visiting when I shot the big one. We have a window above the kitchen sink that overlooks the backyard (this was a week after the quilling), I was washing dishes while they sat at the kitchen table. I watched the porcupine saunter over to the bird feeder, turn and stare directly at me through the window and start taking a dump on my lawn, pretty sure he gave me the finger while he was doing it. While my parents were mid conversation I strolled out of the bedroom with my Sig and gut shot the thing and went back to washing dishes….they were slightly mortified.😂

gIwSjpQ.gif

nN7lPiG.gif

I heard a disturbance in our garage this afternoon.
I went out because Samson & Cassie recently scared the hell out of the UPS Driver delivering our new Master VISE.
When I went into the garage a MONSTER SQUIRREL attacked me and latched on to my right knee.
Samson went into PROTECT MODE and grabbed the Monster Squirrel in his mouth shaking it violently. When Samson let go the Squirrel flew about 20' in the air and Cassie took up the chase. She killed the Beast and we took to our friend that is a vet to check it out.
With all that I have going on I don't need Rabies.
Thank God for our Bernese Mountain Dog and Great Pyrenees Puppy to save me.
You can see the pictures of the Beast's blood on Samsons nose and then where i got attacked.
With all the excitement i messed up the pictures of the Squirrel Beast.
Som-mo-beech!:oops:

I heard a disturbance in our garage this afternoon.
I went out because Samson & Cassie recently scared the hell out of the UPS Driver delivering our new Master VISE.
When I went into the garage a MONSTER SQUIRREL attacked me and latched on to my right knee.
Samson went into PROTECT MODE and grabbed the Monster Squirrel in his mouth shaking it violently. When Samson let go the Squirrel flew about 20' in the air and Cassie took up the chase. She killed the Beast and we took to our friend that is a vet to check it out.
With all that I have going on I don't need Rabies.
Thank God for our Bernese Mountain Dog and Great Pyrenees Puppy to save me.
You can see the pictures of the Beast's blood on Samsons nose and then where i got attacked.
With all the excitement i messed up the pictures of the Squirrel Beast.
May I offer to you a supreme method of revenge. Go get 'em.

Do they make those "Relocators" big enough to mount down by the border to cut Illegal relocation costs. Of course you could strap a nice pillow in and leave a small travel bag packed well. Everything written in Spanish to let them know thats the language of where they are going.

Back when I lived in WV, I went to my old school buds house in College Park / Berwyn Heights MD for a week to help him finish his basement. We were also doing a big crab feed / party Saturday. This neighborhood is small lots, 1940's-1960's homes but huge white oak trees. Chris had a squirrels getting into his attic, backyard shed, under the hood of his truck-stuffing acorns everywhere.

So what do a bunch a late 20-somethings that have been drinking for almost 2 days straight do? We make a potato cannon. However I came up the ingenious idea of using acorns as shot, and a light wading of toilet paper to keep it in the tube. Chris torched this thing off and I'll be damned- he killed a squirrel. 😆

He also hit the neighbors house over the fence (like the roof) which prompted a visit from the finest law enforcement dept of College Park. The cop comes into the backyard- (crabfeed ongoing and like 25 people there, a couple of kegs, booze bottles lined up on the deck) He comes over- sees the dead squirrel next to the potato cannon and just shook his head. Chris told him what he did and the cop said- "I...I... don't know what to say. Just don't do it again". He then took our potato cannon and left.

Last edited:
My parents hate guns and don't hunt at all they were over visiting when I shot the big one. We have a window above the kitchen sink that overlooks the backyard (this was a week after the quilling), I was washing dishes while they sat at the kitchen table. I watched the porcupine saunter over to the bird feeder, turn and stare directly at me through the window and start taking a dump on my lawn, pretty sure he gave me the finger while he was doing it. While my parents were mid conversation I strolled out of the bedroom with my Sig and gut shot the thing and went back to washing dishes….they were slightly mortified.😂
Just another day in the real world.

Thank God!
I have heard of the succesive round of shots one may have to take "Just In Case".
You were smart for taking the culprit with you.
Did you need stiches?Looked deep.
Glad everything worked out.
Jill doctored me up. Still have a gash, think it's claws got me more than anything. Happened so fast and Samson going nuts.
Thanks

Yeah no rabies is a good thing. I understand the post exposure vaccine / treatment is not as bad as it used to be. Upper arm/deltoid series now.
About 20 years ago when I lived in the Eastern Panhandle of WV we had a ton of rabies. One day I was practicing with my bow in a clearing below my house when this mangey fox came out of the woods and went after my blue tick hound- like at noon. My dog rolled it and I called her off and stuck the bastard twice.

alr2Gi2.png

It was a Sunday and they came out and got it, test came back positive on Monday. They said my dog was 2 weeks late on her booster and they were going to confiscate her and possibly destroy her. My vet (a good ol country gal) got on the horn and read them a riot act- she was still fine. The booster deadline is a guideline, but she's still protected. So I had to quarantine the dog for 14 days and I was the only one that could handle her. I recall a little girl the next county over got bit by a rabid beaver. She thought it was a 'kitty' and bent down as it approached and it tagged her pretty good.

Last edited:

Recent Posts