My Spypoint Micro worked for 1 month. I signed up for the lower tier (first 250 pics free) -so I am out $100 for a non-cellular camera that works occasionally. A cell tower was 200 yds away through an open field. Never could get through customer service. I have 6 year old Bushnell cams that still work- used year long. I wouldn't take another Spypoint product if they offered it for free.

We abandoned Spypoint 4 or 5 yrs ago, with the release of the micro.

They were horribly erratic, app interface sucked, battery life was terrible because they were constantly searching for a signal and CS was non-existent. You can force connect the Spypoints by removing the SD card and turning them back on, that will resolve some upload issues.

We went to Ridgetec and other than cost, there is nothing out there more reliable, with a better app interface or customer support.

We have quite a few Bushnell Cellucore 20s now as well as the Ridgetec. The customer service is phenomenal from Bushnell, the cameras have been very reliable, we have had to return 3 out of 15-20. I really like them and the app is promising.

I don't like the fact you cannot see videos other than on the SD card, something I really like about the Ridgetec.
I sure am glad I read this forum and found out about Ridgetec Cameras , I called today and ordered a LookOut Dual from Anthony the owner of Ridgetec , talked straight too the horses mouth ,seems like the customer service is going too be great . They have Spypoint beat in price on there plans and service hands down . Ridgetec is out of Georgia and Anthony designed his own software , the hard boards are made in Tawain but are assembled in China , but good old American ingenuity they got my vote , no more Spypoint for me , thanks for mentioning Ridgetec.

After many calls with hold times between one hour and three, SP agreed today to swap out my LinkS cameras for their new Flex cameras. My expectations are very low, but I have months left on my subscription so I have nothing to lose other than patience.

After many calls with hold times between one hour and three, SP agreed today to swap out my LinkS cameras for their new Flex cameras. My expectations are very low, but I have months left on my subscription so I have nothing to lose other than patience.
You might call Ridgetec just for a back up plan you'll save money in the long run . I was surprised too talk too the owner Anthony and actually have a one on one conversation about his cameras . His website is Ridgetecoutdoors.com

I have been using the Moultrie edge take good photos . The month to month is what I am doing . The customer service is great had 1 camera quit working as soon as I had the tracking number they sent out my new camera. No sd card . Uses any cellular network. The only thing is u need the solar pack the do use the batteries up if you don't

I'm running 5 spypoints in far west texas. There is sporadic cell service at best, depending on the weather. Sometimes the cameras work, sometimes they don't. Pulling out the batteries and resetting them seem to help some. The cameras also have boosters installed on them as well. Next year I might be investing in either Ridgetec or Tactacams, just to see if something else works better.

I'm running 5 spypoints in far west texas. There is sporadic cell service at best, depending on the weather. Sometimes the cameras work, sometimes they don't. Pulling out the batteries and resetting them seem to help some. The cameras also have boosters installed on them as well. Next year I might be investing in either Ridgetec or Tactacams, just to see if something else works better.
I'll be putting a ridge tec in service this weekend in far west Tx . I keep this thread updated .

Spypoint cameras are absolute junk. I literally threw all mine in the garbage. Terrible customer service and worthless products. I expect they will be out of business within a couple years.

I'm having the same problem with Spypoint even trying too cancel , looks I'm stuck paying the premium on several cameras,that don't work . I set up 12 volt gel cells with solar chargers 90 percent signal at all times customer support is about non existent , hope they go bankrupt.
If nothing else works, call you Credit Card company and block the payments or cancel the card and get a new one issued. Best of luck.

As far as Spypoint, they used to make a great cell enabled camera, at a good price and had excellent CS. That was up until about 3 years ago. Now the cameras are glitchy as hell, aren't reliable at capturing pictures and the CS is abysmal. Here is a write-up I did on the last one I bought to try, A Micro S.

Bought a Spypoint Micro LT Solar charged Lithium battery, cellular game camera in November 2021. Set it up Nov 4th, 2021 and let it run over the winter. It worked fine, even in 35 below. Battery stayed charged and it transmitted once daily per the settings. Few glitches with it sending multiple pictures of nothing, needed a couple of remote firmware upgrades to resolve, but generally pretty good.

Considering this camera was 400 miles away, it wasn't really feasible to go get it when it acted up, and tech support always wanted me to have the camera in hand. The phone support tech line was not really helpful in quickly dealing with issues but if you spent the time we eventually got them resolved, at least until it completely quit transmitting and could not be communicated with by tech support. The bolded part is the typical response from Tech Support anytime assistance is requested:

10:51 AM
Agent
The camera has not communicated with our server since 29 May, 2022 . So, the battery reading of 100 % which you see is from an older communication. To display the updated battery level, the camera needs to communicate with the app.

If you are at home, we recommend placing the camera on a table or other flat surface while facing up. Otherwise ensure you are standing next to the camera, outside the field of view. We don`t want to trigger any photos unecessarily while troubleshooting.

These are the resources needed for a thorough troubleshoot:

Camera in-hand Charged LIT-10 battery, New or another, plus MicroSD card, Access to computer with MicroSD slot or SD card reader adapter Access to internet. We may not need all the items, but it will ensure we are ready to troubleshoot most issues.

10:55 AM
Dean
Like I said in my original post. Fully charged battery, checked with volt meter, camera will not turn on at all. The last time it was on was May 29th. I put all that in the first post

I can read the pictures on the SD card. Last picture it took was May 29th about 5:35 in the afternoon

I just went up and recovered the camera as it was located 400 miles from me.

Per the info I provided to Chat Support line, it last transmitted May 29, 2022 at its set daily transmit time of 9:05 a.m., and on May 30th, tech could not communicate with it. Status on May 29th, shows a fully charged battery and 50% cell signal strength. Recovered the camera the end of Oct 2022 and on opening it up it shows serious water intrusion into the camera body and battery area. The SIM card showed it took 6 pictures after 9:05 on May 29th, the last picture it took was May 29th at 17:35, the animal was a small coyote. There were no other pictures after that date, and no transmission of those last pictures May 30th at 9:05.

There were no outward signs of damage, handling or tooth marks etc., but the antenna had fallen off and we could not locate it in the thick grass, snow and detritus on the ground. Left a 3/8" hole in the side of the camera and may explain why there was so much water intrusion, not just in the Battery Box. Battery connections etc. were corroded, and the camera would not turn on at all, even with a fully charged battery. The good news is, Spypoint has a 2 year warranty, so at this stage I am a pretty happy camper.

Sign onto the chat line, long story short, 2 and a half hours on Chat, including having to send them a video of me turning the camera off and on and nothing happening, to get the warranty return resolved. They will send me a new camera, but have none in stock and no guess as to the ETA for when they will have a replacement. Not a workable solution in my books. So the choice they give me is a new model Flex cellular as a replacement, costs 60 bucks less than the one I have and has no Solar. If I want to add solar I have to pay for that myself, they won't throw it in. So I say, if it doesn't have solar, send me the Micro LTE 2 pack for $299 and I will pay you the $40 difference to the $259 value of mine, or I will take the Flex and you give me a $60 refund to the value of my existing camera. They say no, won't do cash back on the Flex and no the two pack special of Micro Lite LTEs won't work for them either. They will only sell me two Micro Lite LTE at the per camera price of $169.99, so I owe them 95 bucks difference. I finally got tired of the chat process and agreed to the $95, 2 Micro LTE, no solar option. Figure these cameras aren't robust enough for year round anyhow so lack of solar isn't critical. They don't seem to be well enough sealed because the other one we had out locally showed a lot of water in the battery box when we pulled it in early Feb 2022, after being out since Dec 15th, 2021, but at least that one still works fine.

The camera worked pretty well while it ran, but it didn't run long and it needed resetting. I will leave it up to you to decide whether you think the performance meets your needs, you can judge the quality of the tech support and what you think of the warranty service I experienced.

I sold the two new Cameras in their unopened bx. No more Spypoint for me. I am going to switch to another Cell enabled Camera, just in the process of deciding which ones. This thread has been helpful. Going to check out Ridgeteck, also quite impressed with what I have read about Tactacams..

Last edited:
Spypoint customer service is terrible. I have one that I sent back and the replacement still works....its a lonely Spypoint out of 15 cameras. They made me pay to ship it Canada then charged me to fix it. Took forever to get it straightened out and only got my money back because of my CC dispute. If I remember correctly they are out of Canada, but they were supposed to have me ship it to a place in US not Canada.