Springfield waypoint vs Traverse

mtank

Anyone got their hands on one of the new Springfield waypoints? Looking to get a new rifle & I'm between these two rifles. I have a ridgeline 6.5 prc so kind leaning towards the traverse. The traverse also offers more caliber choices.

There was a waypoint at local store, carbon barrel fixed buttstock, 6.5cm. I thought it felt very well made, the action was smooth and didn't have much cock on close. Hard to say a lot without disassembly to inspect bedding and fitment of bottom metal. I've saw a few CA ridgelines with poor out of center chambers that still shot okay. One particular example, the riflings go all the way to the case neck on about 1/3 the radius of the freebore. Sent it to CA and they fixed nothing as it printed sub moa(which I already knew from shooting) I think the waypoint will have better fit/finish personally. Are BSF barrels as good or better than CA? Idk. I personally would look at a seekins element or plain havak for a lightweight rifle. They're proven shooters and Glen will make things right if there are any issues.

Not to be sarcastic but send it in and when you get it back, sell it and get an S20 Sako. I have 2, 6.5 creed and PRC. I have yet to get a group over 1.5 at the worst and with the right load .2 and .3 groups at 100, .5 and .75 @ 200. Just my 2 cent worth. I love my S20's.