Springfield, VA.

newmexkid

Our daughter and our son-in-law are moving to Springfield and we might follow to be near them. I shoot a .270 and a .243. Where can I find a rifle range that is close with shooting distance out to 500 yards. I just shoot for fun no competition shooting.

Izaak Walton on Garrisonville Road in stafford goes to 200 yards.

Izaak Walton on Rt 3 in Fredericksburg goes to 100.

Bull Run gun club near Manasas goes to either 200 or 300

N VA gun club on 17 in Fredericksburg goes to 200.

Quantico Shooting club at Quantico Marine base has range 1 open for recreational fire for club members out to 300. If retired military or civil service you can join now, if regular civilian you have to get on a waiting list. They run matches on Range 4 out to 1000

Other than that, public ranges are pretty slim

BH

Just myself joined Peacemaker National Training Center in the WV panhandle. I live in Alexandria and it's about 90 minutes from me. I'll be going for the first time end of this month (they just opened). I think they're still taking membership applications:

Home Page

Their rifle range goes out to 1000 with others in between, and an electronic system on that 1000.

I plan to join Peacemaker as well. How are you guys liking it? I heard there was a limited number of long range benches and the pistol range's driveway crossed the 1000yd range so shooters had to unload every time a car went through...

Are these just rumors or real problems? Problems resolved?

Thanks guys!:D

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted anything here outside of sales forum guys. I can't answer anything as to Peacemaker as I never went or kept up the membership unfortunately. I hope you're both enjoying it!

Delta--I live near the facility so me and my family have used it frequently mainly for sporting clays, handgun target range and the 300 yd rifle range. I think you have to qualify on the 1000 yd range. They offer a lot in the way of shooting classes, etc. my girls enjoy the facility.....very friendly.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.