Springfield Returns

Weedwacker

I have two Springfield Scopes, a Second and a 3rd Gen 4.5-14. I have been reading all the Springfield bashing on here (and some praise) so no need to go there. I have used a couple different levels to check the internal bubble level against the turrets and turret caps. Both are off. From what I can tell this amounts to roughly a 1.5 to 2 minutes at 1000 yards. Not a big deal but it still bothers me. I am thinking of sending these in to see what SA will do. Has anybody tried this? I also would be interested in finding out if other Springfield owners get the same result in checking their internal bubbles.

Yes when I HAD mine I checked both of them for bubble alignment and found them off.

I did not send it in for that feature to be fixed but sent it in for another major problem and the kept it for 8 months. I called them once a month and kept getting the run around. After I finaly lost it, they sent me another new one. It also went belly up.

To make a long story short I wasnt impressed with their service department. If you can live with it, dont send it in. Use it and be happy. You can also attach an external level and adjust it any way you want.

smile.gif

Thanks for the response. One of these scopes had been dropped before I bought it (cabelas bargain cave). A couple things came loose so I sent it in and it was back fixed in a couple weeks. I just don't know if they can fix the bodgered bubble levels short of going through a box of scopes and sorting for a "good one" We will see
wink.gif

Good luck!!
Baught a 4-14 from Cabela's(the cheapest model).Put it on the AR and found the bubble to be off.Cabelas had no problem replaceing the scope till they found out none of the 11 they had in stock was level.Settled for the best of the litter and lived with it for a while till other issue's warrented its departure.
A buddy baught the highest priced model at the same time(sent it back to get it leveled)Lived with the results as he would have taken a beating trying to get rid of it.

Well pin me down and call me spot?My memory isn't the best and springfield scopes beinng overpriced is OLD news.
Kinda lost track of Jimmy the last couple of years but last I talkt to him that Springfield scope was a sore spot that hadn't healed.The scope come back very close to level but not perfect(Jimmy is into perfect,especialy when he pays $800+)It also had a trcking problem and the mildots where too coarse to use as a prairie dog scope(his falt he was told!)
Yes the bubble is very handy(if its level and stays that way!)
They may have ben the first to use mildot extensively but have since ben way outdone in the market by even Tasco(Super Sniper)let alone IOR,NF(had enough sence to bail Hakko and fast),and leupold.
Hell I was just trying to be polite!You would be better off selling them to a wanabe sniper and use the funds for a scope that you can rely on.As others have said a toilet paper roll with string for reticles is more cost effective than Springfield.
If you cant build it right the first time how are you ever gona fix it
rolleyes.gif

[ 11-07-2004: Message edited by: Mach V ]

Well the one is exactly level with alignment of the left edge of the bubble with center reticle. Guess I better keep it. I would hate to see this changed to a completely unrepeatable point!
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.