Springfield Armory's latest greatest

Watched couple videos on them and looked at them on there website.look to be a nice rifle I did see were you could get either stainless or carbon fiber barrels.with 2 stock options and 2 color options as well

I think it looks like a fantastic rifle for the price. BSF makes the barrels on the weatherby rifles as well. We all know how good ag composites and triggertech are. It all boils down the action: integral lug, pinned scope rail are nice features. But the jury is still out on that, time will tell. 0.75 moa accuracy gurantee? Whats not to like? This is obviously a direct competitor to the Havak. Which seekins cannot make fast enough.

EDM raceways tells me they addressed traditional receiver slop out of the factory actions of production guns. Tolerances are critical. I'm sure someone is going to disassemble one and verify dimensionally how well they did. Sounds intriguing enough to buy one.
If you built one from the same components it would be double the production price. I applaud the effort. Something Remington should have done long ago.
I hope they are good and handloading makes them better.
We'll see.

I am curious about the carbon fiber barrel option. Website says that it is tensioned and only touches the barrel on two points, I am assuming the ends of the barrel only. What would be the advantage to this over just the fluted steel option? Seems like it would only add more weight and trap heat. Is this just for looks?

O
I am curious about the carbon fiber barrel option. Website says that it is tensioned and only touches the barrel on two points, I am assuming the ends of the barrel only. What would be the advantage to this over just the fluted steel option? Seems like it would only add more weight and trap heat. Is this just for looks?
K I'll bite who is b s f that makes barrels?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.