Springfield Armory's latest greatest

SamuelBerryhill308

Watched couple videos on them and looked at them on there website.look to be a nice rifle I did see were you could get either stainless or carbon fiber barrels.with 2 stock options and 2 color options as well

highdrum

I think it looks like a fantastic rifle for the price. BSF makes the barrels on the weatherby rifles as well. We all know how good ag composites and triggertech are. It all boils down the action: integral lug, pinned scope rail are nice features. But the jury is still out on that, time will tell. 0.75 moa accuracy gurantee? Whats not to like? This is obviously a direct competitor to the Havak. Which seekins cannot make fast enough.

Bob Wright

EDM raceways tells me they addressed traditional receiver slop out of the factory actions of production guns. Tolerances are critical. I'm sure someone is going to disassemble one and verify dimensionally how well they did. Sounds intriguing enough to buy one.
If you built one from the same components it would be double the production price. I applaud the effort. Something Remington should have done long ago.
I hope they are good and handloading makes them better.
We'll see.

Flintlock

I have seen several advertisements on this rifle. I called a couple of places around me and they have a couple ordered. I would like the green barrel, non adjusting stock in .308. Looks like about $1600 for one of them.
Mike

Huggy

Looks good for a high dollar factory rifle. Should do well I think.
Agreed but I'm the type that waits for a year or so to see that all the bugs are worked out or to see if the customer service for problems is decent or in the toilet before I take the plunge.

Benman73

I am curious about the carbon fiber barrel option. Website says that it is tensioned and only touches the barrel on two points, I am assuming the ends of the barrel only. What would be the advantage to this over just the fluted steel option? Seems like it would only add more weight and trap heat. Is this just for looks?

tribb

O
I am curious about the carbon fiber barrel option. Website says that it is tensioned and only touches the barrel on two points, I am assuming the ends of the barrel only. What would be the advantage to this over just the fluted steel option? Seems like it would only add more weight and trap heat. Is this just for looks?
K I'll bite who is b s f that makes barrels?

Trending threads