• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Springfield Armory 1911 9mm

milo-2

I really think this is one of the first 1911's in 9mm Springfield made, and not sure of the model. I cannot find the box to verify. Mods have been made, Ken sights tritium night sights, magwell, oversize mag release, oversize safety, full length guide rod. Low rd count, but not in pristine shape, great range gun, comes with 4 mags with base pads, Kim Ahrands Dessertwood grips, I think, lol.
Ship for 650.00
sa.jpgsa1.jpgsa2.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a stainless Mil Spec 1911 A1. They are great base guns. Is serial a N or NM? Thanks

Looks like a stainless Mil Spec 1911 A1. They are great base guns. Is serial a N or NM? Thanks
It is an N, I have never been a Springfield buff, but I do not recall the first mil spec models having a beavertail safety grip, but I may be wrong. Anyway, it is far from the same configuration as when new.

From the pictures, the seen up-graded parts include;
Ed Brown flat mainspring housing + mag well, extended mag release.
Wilson Combat Grip safety, Thumb safety, 3 hole trigger, and full length guide rod (an educated guess on this one).
I am very familiar with Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts.
If the parts are well fitted then the $650.00 is a great deal for the gun with up-grades.
Later tatters,
Fred Hauseur IV -Owner/Gunsmith; Custom Firearms and Gunsmithing LLC, Carson City NV.

From the pictures, the seen up-graded parts include;
Ed Brown flat mainspring housing + mag well, extended mag release.
Wilson Combat Grip safety, Thumb safety, 3 hole trigger, and full length guide rod (an educated guess on this one).
I am very familiar with Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts.
If the parts are well fitted then the $650.00 is a great deal for the gun with up-grades.
Later tatters,
Fred Hauseur IV -Owner/Gunsmith; Custom Firearms and Gunsmithing LLC, Carson City NV.
Thanks, the trigger and beavertail grip are OEM, untouched. I wish I could find the box, it is not a mil spec, or a loaded model. Just low rd count for a 19-20 yr old pistol.

Milo-2, the grip safety is very identical to Wilson. I would not be surprised it was sourced from Wilson Combat's low end parts line. the trigger most likely one of 3 brand names of trigger. most likely sourced from BUL Factory-Plus line.

Definitely looks like a Mil Spec SS base gun with upgraded parts. Not sure if SA did the parts or a gunsmith but great deal regardless.