Springfield 2020 carbon waypoint or Fierce Carbon Rival

Txcowboy50

LRH Team Member
I want a light weight hunting rifle that would be good for elk at 500 yards but could also be used for deer and antelope. I am considering a 6.5 PRC in the new Springfield arms 2020 carbon waypoint and the Fierce Carbon Rival. Both can be purchased for +/-$2300 I am also considering the Cooper 92 backcountry. I am 71 and my 300Wby accumark is fantastic shooting rifle but heavy for the hunt. Is anyone had experiences with these rifles?

GRG

I don't know about the Fierce but I picked up one of the 2020 Waypoints and looked over after hearing some good things. Now I am really wanting one. I loved the weight, quality seems very good and the stock is awesome! The action was very smooth and balance was great. This was the carbon fiber barrel like you mentioned.

SnakeRiverEric

I have the waypoint in 6.5prc, I don't call this rifle a light weight one. I think with scope it's 8.5#s. I have the Cooper model 92
in 6.5x284 and that one is 6# with scope. Both are shooters. I also have the Kimber Mtn Ascent in 280ai which is lighter than the Cooper. You must be a good shooter to shoot a lighter rifle. Great to carry though! Best picking one for you.