Spring milk jug challenge, anyone.

Punisher

I thought we might bring some faces to the names and put up a friendly challenge for everyone.

1000 yards + a one gallon milk jug = you do the math!

Since what we do takes so much time, consideration, practice and money... And is honestly extremely difficult, I decided to challenge everybody to a little contest. Who can hit a milk jug at 1000? Killing an animal at long ranges necessitates us to being able to do exactly that.

The winner doesn't really get anything but pride, so the rules would be the following: shooter must be 1000 +/- 25 yards, the container can only be a 1 gallon milk jug, and unlimited shots allowed but you lose points for each shot.

Each shooter starts with 1000 points, each miss is a 50 point deduction. Time is a deduction, so if it takes you 1:30 to set up and take your shot, you deduct 90 points. Wind is an ADDITION to your point value in mph. 20mph wind is +20 to your score.

I ask that this be your first shot of the day, no doping up on a target, then popping the shot. Keep this as true to a hunting scenario as possible.

If we get a lot of responses, next time we can see about getting some prizes.

Post a kill shot of you, your jug, and your rig along with your score.

HERE WE GO!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 171
Interesting I'm in if I can get a chance to get out next weekend.

Maybe we will put a close on it like 4/25. That way everybody can get as reasonable a chance as possible. Without having to suffer thunderstorms or snowstorms ruining their weekends. :D

Yeah, you can orient my iPhone all 4 ways and the picture is always messed up.

Put the jug whichever way you like.

You won't hit it anyways FearNoWind! :rolleyes:

I was going to do mine tonight, but got sidetracked by a coyote on the neighbors pasture. If it was 1000 I'd try to substitute it in, but it was only 400. One less Vermine is always a good thing on the farm.

We picked up our spring chicks yesterday and the neighbors wild cats got one already. lightbulb gun)

I'm in, I just have to scope out a place to do it. The range i shoot at is a steel target range and I'm not sure how i would get to the 1000 yard plate. Its across a huge gully and i don't know how the owner got there, i don't see a road.

I'm in, I just have to scope out a place to do it. The range i shoot at is a steel target range and I'm not sure how i would get to the 1000 yard plate. Its across a huge gully and i don't know how the owner got there, i don't see a road.

I grew up in Ohio... And never saw a place to shoot 1000 yards. Not over by Seville, anyways!

I grew up in Ohio... And never saw a place to shoot 1000 yards. Not over by Seville, anyways!
Yea, your right about Ohio. Haha
The place I shoot has there steel across a huge ....( the logger in me wants to call it a holler,) but I'll call it... " A holler." LoL.. You definitely get a wind lesson. And most of the time you fail the lesson.

Yea, your right about Ohio. Haha
The place I shoot has there steel across a huge ....( the logger in me wants to call it a holler,) but I'll call it... " A holler." LoL.. You definitely get a wind lesson. And most of the time you fail the lesson.

I know! I was just back home visiting family. I constantly look for places to shoot. Even just subconsciously. Never saw any place last trip. Too many farm houses, not enough range. I'm really happy out in Kansas though. Open range everywhere!

I know! I was just back home visiting family. I constantly look for places to shoot. Even just subconsciously. Never saw any place last trip. Too many farm houses, not enough range. I'm really happy out in Kansas though. Open range everywhere!
You sound like me, I'm always looking for a place to shoot and estimating range every where I go..

I am going to give it a try, but the place I am shooting at the moment gives me a 1270 yard shot not room for a closer one. but it will be fun just to see what happens.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts