Spring is HERE

Good day all!
We saw some Robin Red Breasts running around the yard plucking worms out of the ground and the Red Bud Trees are BUDDING!
Won't be long until the heat hits. Still need to get through Feb and March. We had one of the worst Snow Storms the third week of March several years ago. Shut down everything for 4-5 days.
PD Hunting in MAY and Chuck hunting in June!!!!
YEEEEE HAAAA!!!
Winter storm in march , Friday the 13th , 1993. I was without power for eight days. Vowed that would never happen again. Had generator wired into my house. 22 inches of snow on my deck in seven hours.

Dammmm! That's cold. Was stationed in Alaska in the 70s. Went outside at -43 F. Just to say I did it. Didn't take long to say yep, that's enough.
When I was young and dumb I used to spend alot of time up there in the winter. Not anymore.

I will say, cold and snow don't bother me none…but as @Alberta Wexit noted (and
Im his "neighbor" in Saskatchewan) I'm really starting to notice the days finally getting longer and brighter and it's really helping me mentally and physically. More get up and go. I definitely have some seasonal affect issues (and in June it's like I never sleep).

November through January it's always a hard time staying positive and motivated when it's so dark all the time (just looked it up, on Christmas Day where I live the sun rose at 9:11 AM and set at 4:40 - people who work normal 9-5 jobs inside during the depths of our winter go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

I've taken peoples word for it to not go further North haha, from folks in Alaska, Yukon, and Norway - Norway is actually a good bit further North on the globe than Saskatchewan, but being on the ocean it's nowhere near as cold on average - honestly same goes for the ocean-regulated climate part of Alaska where 90+ percent of Alaskans live…Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota and Alberta and Montana (especially the east of that province and that state that don't get chinooks from the Rockies the same way) are some of the absolute coldest places on earth that actually have over a million people per state/province CHOOSING to live in them! 🤣 - edit - North Dakota has less than a million - didn't know that till today -

I can take any kind of cold those extreme North places would throw at me no problem. But true unending darkness for weeks or months on end I think would break me inside.

Not here it ain't.
B2AB2C7B-6C9F-4479-B54B-531552A07924.jpeg
DAFD138D-C4FC-4964-AAE3-6F8A18B69D84.jpeg
A56B63C6-A9B6-4D81-B230-B9B1ECC9B863.jpeg
509E7E6D-E530-44CA-BBD9-96A7D5BD5BBF.jpeg

Will it be six more weeks of winter or an early spring? That's right, woodchuck-chuckers, it's Groundhog Day 2023!

Thousands gathered on a cold Thursday morning at Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, for the annual Feb. 2 celebration to watch Punxsutawney Phil make his weather prediction. Punxsutawney, which calls itself the "weather capital of the world," is home to the tiny meteorologist now celebrating their 137th Groundhog Day event.

So did Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow? Yes. That means six more weeks of winter, according to the famous weather prognosticator and "seer of seers."

But here in the South we have Armadillos. From what Cassie, our new Great Pyrenees the Armadillos didn't get a chance to come out and see anything.
Winter is ENDING and SPRING is upon us!

I'm not a sports person but my buddies thought this was Phil is really predicting 🤣

1675452983369.png