Spring is HERE

I will say, cold and snow don't bother me none…but as @Alberta Wexit noted (and
Im his "neighbor" in Saskatchewan) I'm really starting to notice the days finally getting longer and brighter and it's really helping me mentally and physically. More get up and go. I definitely have some seasonal affect issues (and in June it's like I never sleep).

November through January it's always a hard time staying positive and motivated when it's so dark all the time (just looked it up, on Christmas Day where I live the sun rose at 9:11 AM and set at 4:40 - people who work normal 9-5 jobs inside during the depths of our winter go to work in the dark and come home in the dark.

I've taken peoples word for it to not go further North haha, from folks in Alaska, Yukon, and Norway - Norway is actually a good bit further North on the globe than Saskatchewan, but being on the ocean it's nowhere near as cold on average - honestly same goes for the ocean-regulated climate part of Alaska where 90+ percent of Alaskans live…Saskatchewan, Manitoba, North Dakota and Alberta and Montana (especially the east of that province and that state that don't get chinooks from the Rockies the same way) are some of the absolute coldest places on earth that actually have over a million people per state/province CHOOSING to live in them! 🤣 - edit - North Dakota has less than a million - didn't know that till today -

I can take any kind of cold those extreme North places would throw at me no problem. But true unending darkness for weeks or months on end I think would break me inside.
It was a shock for me, I arrived there in August from Maxwell AFB, Ala!. to Anchorage, then on to Shemya AFB on the end of the Aleutian Islands. Didn't have the never ending darkness of the Arctic circle but four hours of daylight at best in December. Then in February we had a 7.5 earthquake, followed by 6.5 aftershock week later. No water or potty facilities in the dead of winter in Alaska. Fun times. Swore I'd never eat another powdered egg the rest of my life!

It was a shock for me, I arrived there in August from Maxwell AFB, Ala!. to Anchorage, then on to Shemya AFB on the end of the Aleutian Islands. Didn't have the never ending darkness of the Arctic circle but four hours of daylight at best in December. Then in February we had a 7.5 earthquake, followed by 6.5 aftershock week later. No water or potty facilities in the dead of winter in Alaska. Fun times. Swore I'd never eat another powdered egg the rest of my life!
Oh gosh! Powdered egg sounds absolutely horrid! I hope never to eat that.

Oh gosh! Powdered egg sounds absolutely horrid! I hope never to eat that.
Powdered egg, powdered milk . anything they could turn in powder and add water for food they did. We had emergency 55 gallon drums of water stored everywhere. AF was prepared for this. But no running water for over three weeks. I'd go out and get trash bags of snow to thaw out and heat up to wash up with. Found a turd floating in the sink once. You couldn't use the toilet . So outside was it . I should have gone further out to collect snow!🙄