Spring Black Bear for Nevada deer/elk

Petersen

I am really itching to get a spring bear hunt going next year. I am mostly interested in a spot and stalk hunt (OTC tags - Montana, Idaho, Wyoming). Don't need a guide just a good spot to go and some helpful info on an area where taking a couple of bears (me and a buddy) in a week or two is likely. But if you wanted to show us along that would be great too.

In trade-drawing the tag is the hard part. If you apply for any of NV's big game and are lucky enough to draw out I can help you out. The best would be to draw out for the part of the state I live (areas 22,23,24 for deer and elk). These are great tags if you can draw one. Landowner tags are available every year as well but $$$.

Last edited:
Drive up US HWY 12 in Idaho and watch the hillsides that are open brushfields.

I live next to Interstate 90 in N. Idaho and there is lots of access. You can hunt the Coeur d' Alene river area or the St. Joe drainage areas from here.

Drive up US HWY 12 in Idaho and watch the hillsides that are open brushfields.

I live next to Interstate 90 in N. Idaho and there is lots of access. You can hunt the Coeur d' Alene river area or the St. Joe drainage areas from here.
Yep, I used to run the dogs in those areas and always caught alot of bear. Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts