Spring Bear Island Park, Idaho Tip Request

GuyMontag

Good evening everyone,

I'm taking my dad back to eastern Idaho, where he grew up but hasn't been for decades, for a henry's lake fishing/hunting adventure towards the end of May & early June.

I've hunted black bear once in this area (Taylor Mountain & Reas Peak area), but didn't spot anything but 1 deer and some scat.

Does anyone have any tips for hunting black bear in this part of the state? We are more than happy to do some long packing, or driving, if needed.

I don't know if you did your hunt or not but the Grizzly has over taken the area. We have areas that we bait and all have been over taken by the Grizz
My buddy almost became bear đź’© walking in to check the bait. Bear had dug a hole and was laying it when he walked in. By a fluke of luck the bear missed him on the charge and never returned for a follow up

Good evening everyone,

I'm taking my dad back to eastern Idaho, where he grew up but hasn't been for decades, for a henry's lake fishing/hunting adventure towards the end of May & early June.

I've hunted black bear once in this area (Taylor Mountain & Reas Peak area), but didn't spot anything but 1 deer and some scat.

Does anyone have any tips for hunting black bear in this part of the state? We are more than happy to do some long packing, or driving, if needed.

Just checking in to see how the trip went?