Spring bait is out *Another Bear down *

Re: Spring bait is out *New Pics*

Is that blonde phase bear suffering from the mange or some other fur/skin problem, as it looks like it has lost most of it's hair on both sides? Aren't Spring bears supposed to be in the best shape fur-wise before they have a summer to rub and mess up their hide before they are hunted where there is a Fall season?

Is that blonde phase bear suffering from the mange or some other fur/skin problem, as it looks like it has lost most of it's hair on both sides? Aren't Spring bears supposed to be in the best shape fur-wise before they have a summer to rub and mess up their hide before they are hunted where there is a Fall season?

The other way around. Lots of rubbing in the Spring.

Yep spring bears tend to rub out pretty quick. Especially younger ones like that. The older bears don't come out as early and setimes have good hair a little longer. Fall bears have started new hair growth and typically look pretty good

Mike,
You should be allowed to claim those bears as dependents. That feed is putting a dent in your wallet. Nice pictures.

Leave it to me! Always bass ackwards, LOL!!!

These guys are getting great pictures, put them all together, and its a great tutorial for anyone wanting to start baiting. The difference in habitat from where I hunt is an education for me.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a pretty decent bear. I wanted an actual BLACK bear and he came out I watched him for about 8 minutes before i decided to pull the trigger. He was nearly as tall as the barrel on his all 4's had pretty decent hair and was black so he met the criteria. I shot him at 173 yards through both shoulders with a 210 TTSX from my Tikka 338 win. he should go 6 foot. he is missing 4 toes and claws on one foot and 1 toe and claw on another with a couple midget toes, not sure what happened but I am guessing birth defect. I also got it on video so when I figure out how to get that on here I will post it too.

Re: Spring bait is out *BEAR DOWN Pics*

Congrats on a very nice bear Mike! It looks like his right front paw is a good one with plenty of nails and I'll bet you're right about the birth defect theory if it involved more than one limb.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts