Spreading

2-3 minutes should allow heat to dissipate depending on barrel contour

Thanks

Buck
20210119_231104.jpg
stainless steel heavy sporter.

I have a Browning X in a hells canyon. Mine didn't like the 175gr. Eldx. I dropped down to the 162gr. and Rl26. Problem solved. That's with nosler brass and just 215 primers.

28 nosler is a fast round too. It might be wandering due to heat. I've seen a browning hell's canyon 7mm wander after 4.
This ^^^
Looks like "shot stringing" due to barrel heat up.

Also, make sure that your barrel is floated off of the forearm and that your receiver is properly torqued down. Even if it passes the proverbial "dollar bill test" it may need more clearance.
Bedding your action is something to consider as well.

To assist with cooling place the rifle butt stock down bolt open and let it cool that way, heat rises. It does help. Place the rifle in a convenient place for cooling.

My scope isn't touching but its close to the barrel. 1/16th of an inch, is that ok.. i also have another question i took the stock off to give a good cleaning is there a certain pound of torque i should do when putting back together..

After looking at your groups I have some good news. Its the indian, not the arrow here. Anytime you can draw a rather straight line/connect the dots with the impacts that's an indication of the shooter position. Keep your shoulders square, confirm NPA a couple times through your shot sequence. I do this stuff when I'm not using the same amount of muscle relation with my shoulder. Torque action screws 35 inch lbs to start.

scope isn't touching but its close to the barrel. 1/16th of an inch, is that ok.. i also have another question i took the stock off to give a good cleaning is there a certain pound of torque i should do when putting back together

Watch the scope flex in that video. Ive never had 1/16 before it seems pretty close. If anything is touching the barrel your groups will open up. That includes the scope cap.

Your action skrews should be tight but dont break stuff. I've done snug plus 1/8 turn for years. I'm sure others use torque wrenches and science.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.