Spotting scopes...

wilkup

I know Swarovski is the optic to beat, but I just can't justify spending that much on one item.
I'm looking at a Meopta MeoPro 80HD and am curious if there's anything else within this price range that will compete or beat it for the price. I love my Meopta MeoPro HD 10x42 and am looking to add a spotter to my kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know Swarovski is the optic to beat, but I just can't justify spending that much on one item.
I'm looking at a Meopta MeoPro 80HD and am curious if there's anything else within this price range that will compete or beat it for the price. I love my Meopta MeoPro HD 10x42 and am looking to add a spotter to my kit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Swaro is a good one...no doubt about it....but I put my $$ on Zeiss. An 80mm scope. About as handy as a bazooka...but man it sure does bring them in!

The Meopta S2 will beat the S series Swaro at a cheaper price. The one Meopta 80HD that I looked through absolutely sucked and I wouldn't have paid $400 for it. Based off other reviews I've read I must have just picked up a terrible sample but it truly was downright atrocious for the price.

Based off initial reviews the brand new Razor HD looks like it may become a REALLY fine option for much cheaper than other comparable scopes.

Okay all at the risk of being laughed or ridiculed does anyone have any experience with the vangaurd 20,60x82 hd?I know it's several tiers down from the alpha brands. Any how input is greatly appreciated

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.