spotting scope

sailorjim

Does anyone have experience with Athlon spotting scopes? I'm looking to replace my old Bushnell.

We've had great success with the Athlon Ares 15-45x65 Spotter.
  • UHD Glass: Extra-low dispersion glass gives you an image with little or no chromatic fringe so the final result brings an ultimate clearest and sharpest image to your eyes
  • Interchangeable: Eyepiece Interchangeable Eyepiece allows you to swap the standard variable power eyepiece with a fixed 24 power eyepiece with a MIL ranging reticle in it.
  • ESP Dielectric Coating: ESP Dielectric Coating is a multi layer prism coating that reflects over 99% of the light to your eyes bringing you a clear, bright image that displays accurate color reproduction.
  • Aluminum Alloy Chassis: Aluminum alloy chassis offers you the strength of a metal chassis and the life time durability.
  • XPL Coating: XPL Coating gives you an extra protection on the exterior lenses from dirt, oil and scratches
  • Bak4 Prism: Bak-4 glass prisms reflect more light to your eyes thus will give you brighter and sharper image.
  • Advanced Fully Multi-Coated: Advanced Fully Multi-Coated lenses bring you better light transmission to bring optimum brightness and true color across the entire light spectrum.
  • Argon Purged: Argon Purging uses the inertia gas with bigger size molecules to purge any moisture out of the tube giving you better waterproofing and thermal stability .
  • Waterproof: Waterproof to protect the binocular in the harshest weather conditions or if accidently submerged underwater
  • Rotating Ring: Rotating Ring allows you to rotate the scope around tripod supporting ring into the most comfortable and convenient angle for observation
For the price there's nothing we can think of that comes close

I got the Athlon Talos 20-60-80 recently. It was on sale for $150. I am going to have to give it a little more time, but I am not all that impressed. At 100 yards it is almost as easy to see my 6.5MM hits through my 16X SWFA. However, I was able to see .223 hits at 100 yards through it, which helps with shooting AR red dot guns. I will see how it does at 200 yards with 6.5mm/30Cal holes before I give up on it. If nothing else, it is good for 22 holes at 100 yards, so it will serve a purpose.

I am willing to bet by going to their higher level line, with better lenses, you got your moneys worth.