spotting scope

val1967

Need your guys knowlegde about some spotting scope's. Looked trough the bushnell, leupold and some more, but all disapointing.
What's a good spotting scope in the 20-60 magnification range ?
I want to use it for target-shooting between the 300 & 500 meter range.

val

I recently purchased a Kowa 66mm with the high end 20x-60x eyepiece and its amazing. My scope and eyepiece are ED/Flourite glass and are crystal clear and very sturdy.

AJ

I have a Swarovski 20X60X80 that I like a lot. If I had it to do over I would skip the variable eye piece and just go with a 30X wide angle, a lot more field of view and a better resoluton with a fixed power eye piece. The best of both worlds.

I have the bushnell elite 80 mm ed glass with the 30x eyepiece and like it alot. I have the 20-60 eyepiece but it hasnt been on the scope in 2 years. The 30x fixed is brighter and clearer and so much easier to look through for extended viewing. Dean

Check out the cabelas big sky 20-60x66 ED. They are top notch. The only thing I've found that is a little crisper in low light conditions is a swarofski, but they will cost you atleast 3X as much. I bought the cabelas and couldn't be happier.

Nikon

I settled on the nikon 20-60. It has great glass and for the orice could not be beat. Nikon Spotting Scopes: Nikon Fieldscope 20-60x60mm 8330 Straight Body w Zoom Eyepiece Spotting Scopes with Free UPS Ground! -

If i was looking for a light weight scope I would go with the Nikon Nikon Spotting Scopes: Nikon Fieldscope 13-30x50mm 8320 ED Straight Body Spotting Scopes with Free UPS Ground! - The glass is great but did not have enough power for what i was looking for. It will go on a sheep with me If i ever go.

Willys

We are not talking the same price range as the ones mentioned above, but I LOVE my Leica APO 77. I am sure the Swaro and Zeiss are just as good. But again...a little pricey.

Just my .02

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.