Spotting Scope Repairs

Im_leary

Anyone have any first-hand knowledge of a reliable spotting scope repair shop? I have two, a Unertl and a Redfield, which need a good cleaning and adjustment. I tried Champion's choice. Homer told me to look in the magazines for some shops advertising repair... but I haven't seen a single one.

sure would think any store that sells top quality surveying equipment would be able to clean them up for you. I had my K&E eye level and leitz instrument cleaned a few years back before I put them away. Didn't need them to do what I do now.

Brent

Thanks BountyHunter. I'll get in touch with all three. BTW: I took the Redfield to the guy in Williamsport who sells surveying and drafting equipment. He got a chuckle out of my request. Seems that a loaded Topcon or Leitz theodolite with DME, GPS, or loaded Total Stations are childes play to these guys, but spotting scopes are a deep and dark mystery. I suppose its like a Bamboo fishing rod thang... simple stuff requires an artist.

Here's the word right from the principles: Unertl is 100% completely out of business... PERIOD! The Las Vagas telephone number and web-site are both dead. The guy that was calling himself Unertl was selling nothing but the 10-X Marine Corp sniper scope. I guess there was no living in that. And Bill Ackerman thought I was pulling his leg when I emailed him... he asked me if I wanted to open a spotting scope repair shop.

So here are the facts: If you must have a Unertl fixed, Parsons Scope Service can take care of any Unertl, rifle or spotting scope. He suggested Iron Sights Inc. for Redfield repair. Both businesses have web sites.

Thanks for the leads fellas... I appreciate it very much.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts