Spotting scope options

nksmfamjp

Any idea Tract vs Athlon?

For hunting….glassing, shooting before season, carry in big day pack…what’s your preference?

Justice1327

I had a Toric, Kowa, Meopa and now a Vortex… all top of the line in the last 3 years. I want to go back to my Kowa or try a Nightforce.

nksmfamjp

Kowa 884 angled. Incredible glass. I don't know anything about those two scopes.
At nearly double the price, I hope it has good glass!

Saw Meopta at $1600 or so….might be a good choice.

Last edited:

dmj

I have the meopta, Believe it's the S2 hd. It's seems to be a pretty good spotting scope. Have been able to look through it side x side with a swarovski and it seemed to hold its own. If I'm not mistaken they do or at least use to make nightforce spotting scopes.

dmj

Thought that might be the reason for the comment but wasn't sure. Have a great day.

SEGARE

I'm impressed with the glass in my Tract binos. I also have a Meopta scope that has comparable glass to scopes at twice the cost.

Teri Anne

LRH Team Member
Any idea Tract vs Athlon?

For hunting….glassing, shooting before season, carry in big day pack…what’s your preference?
I have had several spotting scopes over the years, Bushnell, Kowa and not a Vortex Viper HD, 20-60x85 angled. Of course each one was an improvement over the other simply because of the improvement in optics over the years. It is a bit on the larger size which when out in the field is a bit of a problem hauling it around however it is hard to beat for clarity and ease of operation. With a MSRP of $1,349 does not break the bank either.