Spotting scope for LR BR

ShortMag3

I'm looking to purchase a spotting scope that will help with 1000yd shooting. Does anyone have a setup that enables you to see shot placement? Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks...ShortMag3

I have two scopes for sale in the optics forum. Two pentax pf80ed with 26x eyepieces. You won't get any better for the money.

when we shoot at 1k we use a leica 77 20-60 and a zies 85 20-60 both scopes are capable of seeing 6mm holes at 1k if and i say it again if the conditions are good and they are in the white or blue never seen any holes in black we have days you cant see holes at 600. neither scope is current model leica is before apo lens and ziess before tfl. dont know if the new hd type lenses will help or not but they cant hurt anything but your pocketbook i think the ziess is better than my leica maybe the 85 mm objective or just better lenses i know that having verry good eye sight helps my freind can see holes with either scope way better than i can. hope this helps a little good luck

LI have a Leica 77 Televid with 20-60 lens I will sell very reasonably. It is in good shape. PM me . Gene

The new Leica 82mm Televid is fantastic! Even the "bird people" rave about it on their forums... Another plus is a digital camera can be easily adapted and the images are super! I saw this set up at the WSF show in Reno. Really slick... just a bit pricy.

I have a 8" Celestron that I can clearly see the rings around Saturn with. I also have a Kowa that I have a 27x and a 60x(?) lens. The zoom lens have to much glass in them. You are much better off with a single power lens. They are much clearer & sharper than the zooms. The 27x lens is about as powerful as you want so you can see the mirage and not hinder your vision.

"Aim small miss small", :D

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts