Spotting scope +/- $1000

Looking for something to hunt / pack with. Have 10X binoculars but want something with higher magnification that I can glass with. My season is pretty much over in CA but will be watching for sales this off season so I'm not in a hurry.

the Vortex razor HD 22-49 or 27-60 caught my eye and considering increasing my budget but I'm not sure I want to spend $2k on a spotting scope but.....???? I might just have to if that is the ballpark for better glass with higher magnification.

@KSB209 -

Did you decide on anything? Any suggestions from your research? Find myself in a similar seat....

Thanks

I think if I can find the Vortex on sale this holiday season I am going to pick it up. I have looked through it a few times and like what I can see but honestly I haven't been able to get my hands on many others because no place around me has many higher end products in stock and I don't want to buy something online that I haven't been able to look through. A buddy has a Swarovski that is nice but at $3k I don't even want to consider it

Meopta HD80 Great glass. This is also the Nightforce TS-80 spotting scope They just put Nightforce colors on it. Tough to beat it in the price range.

If you going to be lugging one around while hunting Meopta has a collapsible spotting scope for $900 the 75 TGA. I use a Leupold 15-30-50 which is very light weight and better than lugging heavy binocs. Depends on your flavor.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts