Spotter Tripod Recommendations?

Brydawg512

Hello all,

Looking for budget tripod recommendations for my spotting scope and binoculars. I am looking for something less than $100-150. This will be carried in the field for backcountry mule deer hunts, so the lighter/smaller, the better.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Hello all,

Looking for budget tripod recommendations for my spotting scope and binoculars. I am looking for something less than $100-150. This will be carried in the field for backcountry mule deer hunts, so the lighter/smaller, the better.

Thanks for your recommendations.
I use Manfrotto. The carbon fiber ones are excellent and easy to carry. It is quite a bit more expensive than what you are looking for. But like most things with optics you do get what you pay for. The legs are much more adjustable and there are accommodations for adding weight to the tripod to make it more steady for extreme long range viewing in the mountains. With a quick release head it is also becomes an excellent rifle rest in a few moments. The size and weight of your spotting scope will require more $$$ to make stable at long range on a tripod. Here again the buy once cry once rule applies. I have a large collection of not quite good enough tripods I swear at occasionally.

Last edited:
Check out the INNOREL tripods on amazon. they'r made in china, but what isn't these days? I've got one of teh heavy RT90 for my competition needs, and the RT35 or RT40 for hiking and backpacking. they're well made and light. If you're not buying the high end, the lower end stuff is all nearly identical with the only difference being whose label is printed on the leg.

Not going to be ton of help.Muley hunting Im using one that has Leupold marked on it.The 2 section legs fold up against 2 section center,this is 12''.Goes to 30'',run a 554 kowa,or 15-bino.Under 2 #.I have a small outdoorsman,that is heavier,little larger also that I like, if not packing so far.The leupold was under $100. I use alot packing

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.