Spotter for backpacking

I've been using my Vortex Viper 15-45X 65mm for several years now and love it. Great optics, easy to pack for hunting, outstanding at the range and won't break your bank account. I also use a iPhone mount, was very surprised at the quality of the photos you can take.

I own the old version zeiss 15-45 x65mm had great luck with it. hope to see your review on newer 15-56x version. I also own nightforce 20-70x85mm both good in my opinion. for me I cant see big difference between the two at first or last light, other than extra magnification. also had swaro to compare with they are all really close for my uses. I am looking at replacing 65mm size for next season currently looking at zeis15-56x65, leica 25-50x65mm.

last year is when I got nightforce and couple different places suggested I try it over swaro or zeiss. reasoning was similar to what you had stated earlier about a deers antlers. I had all 3 on my elk hunt last year side by side and they all performed as expected. if anything my zeiss was a little behind. I felt ok about that since it was also the oldest by 11yrs...

I have used zeiss warranty services,was very happy with CS department and promptness of return. it was for my 12x56 binos that took a 5' spill onto driveway while unloading pickup:rolleyes:.

I'm using a Nikon field Scope III ED with a 20-60 eyepiece. This scope has been very good and compact enough to strap to the pack and take into the back country. It is the 65mm version and I thing it gives a good balance of size, weight, price and optic performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.