Spot Hogg or HHA bow sites

I really like my hha, I switched from a 5 pin, and noticed I could squeak out a little more accuracy. You give up the ability to make on the fly adjustments if you're already at draw. So you would need to hold high/low depending on the situation.

Have you checked out the black gold sites? They are very nice with a lifetime warranty. Company is out of Bozeman MT. Very good group of
Guys. There pins are very bright.
3A6EAE03-3089-43E7-8C53-75428B9A68A0.jpeg

Gold tip hunter Muzzy 100 grain Black gold site QAD ultra rest on a Hoyt carbon element. Two shots at 50 yards

Last edited:
Yep, totally agree Spot Hogg's are tuff as nails. I currently shoot fast eddie 3 pin. I added a 3rd marker on the dial to represent yardage for the 3rd pin. I hunt with the dial set 30, 40, 50. This puts first pin good to go from 0 to 35.

You can't go wrong wit either but I'd cruise the classifieds for both used. The HHA Ultra is a beeter option imo. I'd also opt for the .10 pin unless it's purely for early morning or late evening hunting only and even then consider a optional light unless your interested in Pope and Yound qualifying animals. I have a HHA ULTRA that I love, great sight. Good luck

Spot hogg for me.I have a simple 3 pin for treestand hunting and a Fast eddie xl 1 pin for longer shooting.Great sights.Black Gold and Axcel both make great sights also.Good luck.

Previously had hha's but got a fast Eddie last year with the double pin and pointer and couldn't be happier.

Both are excellent but its preference thing... The HF is heavier than the FE but has better micro and if you know how to use the sight in marks on the dial its the best sight one can make a tape for as you can force your BDC.... Brightness and scope look I personally like the HHA Tetra better and on certain models a sight tape magnifier is great and being able to have multiple sight tapes at your disposal is great on HHA. The design of the HHA on certain models is very similar to the SH. Check them both out and try them I think the Tetra Tournament Max is a refined HF myself. Can't go wrong.

Until Black Gold removes the need to use an allen to move my housing vertically and micro at that I just don't care for them. I see them stripped out often because of the retightening of the housing on vertical adjustment all the time at the shop we send them back for being stripped out. Only issue I have with them cause I love the auto dimming...

Also the black gold site has an awesome customer service the little protective cover over the fiber optic cables cracked I shot them an email they gave me new ones for free