spot global sat phone huge rate increase?

rockwind

deserty portion of the SW portion of Merica
i bought a satelite phone on here a couple years ago,,,500 bucks plus 40 a month,,,,i got a letter a month ago or so saying my monthly was going UP,,,,A LOT!!!!!

WHICH KILLS ME BECAUSE THE FEW TIMES I HAVE USED THE PHONE,, IT TOTALLY SUCKS,,,DROP CALLS, LIKE THEY DON'T LAST MORE THAN A MINUTE,,EVER. AND IN PERFECTLY CLEAR WEATHER, I HAVE TO WALK QUITE A WAYS TO GET THE "HOME" SYMBOL TO APPEAR TO ACTUALLY MAKE A CALL. CUSTOMER SERVICE HAS BEEN UNHELPFUL TO SAY THE LEAST.

ANYONE ELSE?

I refuse to use a cell phone! Where I go..Who I talk to ..What I say..
Is no ones business..But mine!.. Call me paranoid but it works for me!

excellent reasons,,, i am totally on board,,, it will sit there in my pack for months without use,,,partly because it sucks,,,but at 53 now, and i go into some pretty stupid places by myself,,, i guess i picture a helicopter rescue if i break a femur or impale myself with my own arrow or something. it's kinda for the family too,,, i take my kids out into some pretty remote places. IT USED TO BE FAIRLY AFFORDABLE.

I DO N'T MIND IF THEY RAISE RATES A HUGE AMOUNT BUT GIVE ME MY 500 DOLLARS BACK ON THE PHONE IF YOU DO,,,,,and i'll use smoke signals or something

anyway, more of a vent thread than anyhting unless others have banded together for changes?,,, typical phone company, "screw over the little guy" is their corporate vision statement

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.