Spot and Stalk: 260 lb Boar & 4 Coyotes

Double Naught Spy

I have started hunting a new property that has hog issues. It is a cattle ranch with lots of pasture and not a lot of trees, but has wooded properties adjoining it which is apparently are the homes of multiple sounders. While touring the property with the landowner, he also asked me about coyotes which he says kill 3 or 4 calves every year.

This was my 2nd night hunting the property. I had shot a couple of sows the previous night and was hoping to get on more hogs. Right off the bat, I spied a coyote and stalked out to meet it. From there, the next 3.5 hours were spotting targets, walking several hundred yards to try to shoot them, scanning and spotting another target and repeating. It was a heck of a good time. The only real down side was that the moon was incredibly bright and often my targets would see me before I was ready to shoot. Fortunately, most did not consider me an immediate threat at longer distances...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.