Sportsmans Warehouse liquidating and selling stores

I wonder what happens to the stores that UFA co-op buys? Keep as an outdoor store or change over to whatever it is that they do?

BOTH stores here in Vegas are closing. One was literally within shooting distance from my house and was only open since late November....

Last year UFA co-op added a few words to their mission statement, essentially it was to "have fun".

They decided that to meet this new part of their mission statement that they would start buying hunting/fishing shops. Last year they bought the two main outfits in Calgary (Wholesale Sports and Russell Sports). Personally, I haven't really noticed much difference (the service still sucks :D). Outdoors folks in Calgary have not been that impressed with Wholesale for a long time.

We'd heard the rumor about Sportsmans Warehouse, so obviously co-op is doing ok I guess to be spending all this money.

Next month we've got a Bass Pro Shops opening up just north of the city, people have been looking forward to it for some time. I hear they're anticipating 85,000 people for opening day! I don't think I'll be there opening day but will make it up there in the first month.

There's also been rumors for a few years that Cabelas has bought land to the west of the city.

This would be nice to have some real outdoors stores up here.

Yup, Mine is closing too... but I do most of my shopping at Scheels anywho. Sportsmans had a ok selection of relaoding, but they were a little more spendy. Nice atmosphere though!

They havnt restocked jack in the reloading supply section since they opened their doors here over a year ago,they could close ours,no big loss.

Troutslayer,

You're lucky they're only fish. Your problem would be a lot worse if they were really big stuff, like moose, elk, caribou and such. :)

Festus

Nonya: That is true the one in ST cloud didn't either. Couldn't have picked a worse time to do it. Everyone who went to Sportsmans saw that they were out of something... Gander quit stocking reloading... so they all ran to Sheels and now they can't keep up with the pannic! Self inflicted :)

Ours was bought by the Canadian company that owns a chain of farm supply stores in canada,ill stick to the little guys around town from now on,we dont need to send any more of our money north of the border than we already do.

The Sportsmans here has been dry for a year and a half. I feel sorry for there employees. The gun counter guys told us about the sell off a long time ago. One guy there is an old timer that knows guns and has the best customer service that I have ever seen behind the gun counter. He does not know what to do now that they have overwhelming demand and no product. When the hell can buy I gun powder again?

The Sportsmans here has been dry for a year and a half. I feel sorry for there employees. The gun counter guys told us about the sell off a long time ago. One guy there is an old timer that knows guns and has the best customer service that I have ever seen behind the gun counter. He does not know what to do now that they have overwhelming demand and no product. When the hell can buy I gun powder again?

Word is that there is a $4 million dollar emergency order to stock the shelves on the way. How much of that is powder, how much parts, and how much is guns is a big question.

How about this!

I received a ton of gift certificates for christmas, and just found out that the stores that were bought out will not accept them!

I have been saving them due to them having nothing on the shelves to buy and now I am SOL!

If you have a gift card and a store that was not bought out or not liquidated then use them now or lose them for ever.

Willys46

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.