SPONSOR PROFILE - PMA Tool - Pat Reagin & Matt Harris

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
AnimatedBanner3.gif

www.pmatool.com

Please give me an overview of what your company does and where you are located.

We design and build reloading tools for the accuracy driven shooter. We also carry select products made by some of our friends in the shooting and reloading business.

How long have you been in business, how did you get started, and who are some of the key members of your operation?
We've been in business since September of 2010, but we've been designing and making reloading tools and shooting accessories for more than 30 years combined. The two owners (and only employees) Matt Harris and Pat Reagin got their start with Sinclair International working for Fred Sinclair and Bill Gravatt.

Can you describe and give me a brief history of some of your hot products or services?
Right now our hottest products are our neck turning tools and accessories. We wanted to address the shortcomings of other neck turning tools and do something innovative and outside the box with the design. We have some other reloading tools in the design stage that are a little different from what everyone is used to.

What are some of your company's future goals?
Our only goal for the future is to continue to serve the needs of reloaders, shooters and hunters who want to get the most accuracy possible out of their handloads.

What new products or services can we look forward to from your company in the future?
In the next couple of weeks we will have our carbide neck turning mandrels completed and ready to ship, after that we have a couple of case trimmers on the drawing board.

What is your opinion of the future of the long-range hunting and shooting industry?
Long range shooting and hunting have a bright future so long as there are still places to hunt and shoot at long distances. Coming from a competitive shooting background, there are two disciplines of shooting that are really growing: long range and tactical type shooting.

Tell me about your (or some of your team's) personal hunting style, location, species, etc.
We both are hunters. Matt hunts mostly deer while I hunt mostly waterfowl. Aside from coyotes and ground hogs Indiana doesn't have a lot of long range hunting opportunities, so we get in what we can.

Tell me about your (or some of your team's) long range shooting experience.
I've done quite a bit of long range competitive shooting in NRA Highpower and 1000 yard matches.

What non-hunting and shooting hobbies or activities do you participate in?
Are there any? We both have young families, so in our limited free time, hunting and shooting are pretty much where it's at for us.

What hunts or other trips are on your bucket list?
Alaska for moose and brown bear definitely tops the list, but I'd like to do some bird hunting in Argentina or Uruguay.

Tell me about your family.
Matt has four children, three sons and a daughter ranging in age from 14 to 15 months. I have a three year old son and a five year old little girl, both of mine are excited to get started hunting and shooting in the next few years.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.