Spicy venison sirloin tocino is what's for breakfast.

FEENIX

Marinated overnight with tocino mix (poor man's ham :D), Himalayan pink salt, and ground jalapeno pepper on garlic fried rice, egg, and tomatoes.
Venison sirloin tocino 1 of 3.jpg
Venison sirloin tocino 2 of 3.jpg
Venison sirloin tocino 3 of 3.jpg

Awesome. My breakfast was left over elk steak with eggs and toast. Isn't it just awesome so many sheeple just don't know

I
Good on you ... that works too, I grew up with Mom's recipe and tailored it to my own. For those that knows me, I do not do recipes. The mix is a convenient and easy way to introduce people to something new.

How did it turned out for you?

It was outstanding, IMO recipes dont always translate directly over to venison, this one does. I have never seen nor heard of the mix nor did I want to go to town to try and find it. When I have time I enjoy cooking, so my cupboards are well stocked with spices, herbs, etc. This recipe goes into the rotation. Care to share your moms version?

Here is the one I used (foxy folksy.com) I used apple juice because it's what I had open, no regret.

• 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
  • 3 cloves garlic - - finely minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup fruit juice, (pineapple, apple) - (optional)
  • 1/2 tablespoons finely ground black pepper

Last edited:
I

It was outstanding, IMO recipes dont always translate directly over to venison, this one does. I have never seen nor heard of the mix nor did I want to go to town to try and find it. When I have time I enjoy cooking, so my cupboards are well stocked with spices, herbs, etc. This recipe goes into the rotation. Care to share your moms version?

Here is the one I used (folksy folks.com) I used apple juice because it's what I had open, no regret.

• 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
  • 3 cloves garlic - - finely minced
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup fruit juice, (pineapple, apple) - (optional)
  • 1/2 tablespoons finely ground black pepper

I am a foodie and a sucker for all kind of spices. Cooking like hunting is a stress
relief for me as you can see on some of my older posts in this forum. However, I am not very good in following recipes, I just wing it as I go along.

Mom's basic recipe is similar to yours.
- Brown sugar, fresh minced garlic, soy sauce (believe it or not the soy sauce brand you use makes a huge difference, i.e., Silverman or Marca Pina vs Kikkoman), black pepper, cayenne pepper, no salt (soy sauce is salty as is), olive oil, and achuette (annatto) spice/water.
- Marinate as long as you can stand waiting. :D
- Fry to preferred doneness.
- Because Mom use pork butt (I like pork belly too), it is served with a garlic, vinegar, black pepper dipping sauce to neutralize the fatty taste (if desired), and served with garlic friend rice, eggs, and tomatoes.

I have also smoked meat (and fish) with this. :cool:

Cheers!

Thanks, I saw some of your older post and you have skills for sure. I also am very creative in the kitchen. 2 days ago I made venison stuffed peppers, stuffed peppers for the 1st time ever, made it up as I went along, my OL made me write it down befor I sat down to eat because she was afraid I would forget. That has happened to many times in the past, so I now have a drawer of original recipies, mostly venison, but some pork, crab soup, jambalaya, etc...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.