• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED SPF: Remington Model Seven SS 6.5x47 Light-Weight Hunter

pmh-usa

For Sale is a stainless Remington Model Seven that has a Shilen stainless select match, 9-twist, #1 contour barrel installed in 6.5x47 Lapua at 21.5 inches. The action and barrel work, including truing, lapping the lugs, etc. was done by Garland Gilbreath of Triple G Gunsmithing in Stephenville, TX. The bolt was "bushed" by Greg Tannel at GreTan Rifles. The laminated stock with a Remington Super Cell recoil pad has been bedded at the front receiver ring and rear action screw lug - the barrel channel is bedded 1.75 inches in front of the receiver, otherwise free-floated. The bottom-metal has not yet been bedded - this was an unfinished work in progress. The scope is a Sightron S-II 3-9x42 that was new before mounting and is in lapped and bedded Burris rings on a Burris base. The rifle with scope weighs 7lbs 13oz as best I can tell. Light enough to be pleasant to carry without recoil being a factor. The Sightron SII weighs about 21oz and rings and bases weigh about 4oz, so the rifle itself should weigh about 6lbs 4oz.

Round count is 48 with mild loads - best 100-yard group so far in Nosler 120BT's was 0.62" at 2779fps and 0.46" with Barnes 100TTSX at 3018fps - both loads with Varget and CCI450 primers.

Will also include 45 pieces of brass and a 3-die set of Hornaday New Dimension dies plus a Lee Factory Crimp die.

This will make someone a really nice little mountain rifle or a super, low-recoiling young shooters rifle.

I have a little over $1300 in this but will let it go for $975 or $875 w/o scope - shipped USPS Priority Mail Insured. Prefer payment by USPS money order or PayPal gifted funds (no fee to me).

FIRST "I'LL TAKE IT" FOLLOWED BY AN IMMEDIATE PRIVATE MESSAGE WILL GET IT. SUBJECT TO PRIOR SALE AS IS ALSO POSTED ON TWO OTHER SITES.

Attachments

• SAM_0223.JPG
    SAM_0223.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SAM_0225.JPG
    SAM_0225.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 5
  • SAM_0209.JPG
    SAM_0209.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 6
  • SAM_0224.JPG
    SAM_0224.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 5
Originally for a young family shooter who is no longer with us . . .