• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Speer I think.. 6.5 140 gr Bonded factory seconds

Got some. Those are flat base, so a little different than the Speer Gold Dot and Federal Fusion. My bet is they will be accurate and deadly close / mid range hunting bullets for $0.20 each.

They kind of remind me of the old/discontinued Deep Curls / Bear Claws from a few years ago, but I have no idea why Speer would be releasing seconds of those to Midway.

Last edited:
They made a bonded core-lokt but I think they had a poly tip on them not sure

Those I believe are remington core-loct ultra bonded after looking at pictures of them

^^^ Maybe, but begs the question why is Midway just now selling a cannelured second of a discontinued bullet?

Here's a link to the Rem bonded CL firsts look like + not available at $0.80 each...

Last edited:
Yes they do... but it's exactly like deep curls in every aspect. Really consistent too.... going to order a bunch more as back up. Bird in hand.....

Last edited:
Yep. Definitely Deep Curl seconds. They may even be firsts that Midway found in an inventory exercise, but marked as seconds due to being old stock. Mfg part number and original sales price are identical to here...

Any way, my understanding is the Deep Curl line of rifle bullets was discontinued due to some unexpected pressure issues. I'm going to contact Speer. When I bought some .277 150 gr Deep Curls a few years ago from Midway, they were very clear to proceed with caution and don't use assume load data with the same caliber/weight. The Speer rep confirmed that, and sent me their test data specific to those bullets. Hopefully they will do the same here - however, I'd be surprised if they have data in 6.5 CM.

Last edited: